Second half improvement and opposition workrate

I reckon that there could be a link between our improved second 45 and the opposition having worked hard to close us down all through the first 45.

The majority of teams we play seem to work harder than we do , quickly closing us down and denying us space and time - but by the hour mark they have run out of steam and that's when we start to gain the upper hand.

Could this be a subtle ploy by Shez? Or is it just that the half time 'motivational' chat has got through to our boys?

:shock:

I reckon that there could be a link between our improved second 45 and the opposition having worked hard to close us down all through the first 45.

The majority of teams we play seem to work harder than we do , quickly closing us down and denying us space and time - but by the hour mark they have run out of steam and that's when we start to gain the upper hand.

Could this be a subtle ploy by Shez? Or is it just that the half time 'motivational' chat has got through to our boys?

:blink:

Stockport... Yeovil... Swindon...

Yeah, they were well knackered in the second half as we were made to look like a pub team by a bunch of dossers...

We gain the upper half in the second half as frequently we simply have to - we allow the opposition to dominate our midfield and take the lead, then they sit back and invite us to attack. Sometime we get a goal, most of the time we lose.

I cant believe that we are ina ny way fitter/better motivated than anyone we play at the moment..

:blink:

Stockport... Yeovil... Swindon...

Yeah, they were well knackered in the second half as we were made to look like a pub team by a bunch of dossers...

We gain the upper half in the second half as frequently we simply have to - we allow the opposition to dominate our midfield and take the lead, then they sit back and invite us to attack. Sometime we get a goal, most of the time we lose.

I cant believe that we are ina ny way fitter/better motivated than anyone we play at the moment..

Stockport - hardly a bunch of dossers - played some great stuff and we were simply second best - this btw was a game where Stockport started slowly so didn't burn out <_<

Swindon - just has to be the worst performance of the season for me

Yeovil - I didn't go so cannot comment

But there are many other games that support the theory: Millwall, Colchester, Cheltenham (both cup games), Southend.

Never a suggestion that we are fitter or more motivated - just that we pace ourselves better :grin:

But there are many other games that support the theory: Millwall, Colchester, Cheltenham (both cup games), Southend.

Not really. In all but one of them it was formation changes and/or substitutions that changed the game in our favour rather than us simply biding our time for the oppo to get a bit huffypuffy.

I have thought on a few occasions that teams manage to double up on taylor more easily in the first half than the second. Either the right winger of the rhs middle man comes across to help the full back which is not as easy to do and get back again after and hour or if you are already chasing the game. Milwall couldn't do it because they had 10 men, Chelts, Tranmere and Scunny were trying to score and leaving more gaps - we even looked dangerous down the right.