The Art of the Long Throw

Rory Delap has been doing it for years, but the media have only picked up on it because it's seen as Stoke's only weapon. We have our own Mark Allott, who seems to have forgotten that he can also take great long throws (or he must have a bad back). Then there's the video of the American girl doing a long throw after a somersault flip. Now here's a different one that I think could catch on.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2ldlAI3bUTU

Guest oa_exile
Rory Delap has been doing it for years, but the media have only picked up on it because it's seen as Stoke's only weapon. We have our own Mark Allott, who seems to have forgotten that he can also take great long throws (or he must have a bad back). Then there's the video of the American girl doing a long throw after a somersault flip. Now here's a different one that I think could catch on.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2ldlAI3bUTU

I'm actually amazed that you have not mentioned our Polish long throw Legend of the 80's :blink:

Ryszard Kowenicki (1979-81) was Athletic's first overseas signing and will always be remembered for his spectacular throw-ins. His technique left him lying face down on the field with his toes still behind the touchline! An experience never seen since.

The paper's are making a big deal out of Delap's throw's as they are the main reason why Stoke have got any points at all this year. Delap's long throws aren't all that long its just defences in the Prem. are struggling to cope. Andy Holt (ex Latic now Cobbler) has a longer throw and that bloke Challinor (ex- trannie) both have longer throws but neither plied their trade in a Premiership where defenders haven't seen the likes in ages. The first person I remember using a long throw was Vinnie Jones and Wimbledon (and others) got quite a few goals from them as they can be as good as corners sometimes (especially if you take corners like a lot of people at Oldham do). I used to be able to throw a rugby ball (in a football throw in style) quite a long way without spending too much time on it so it can't be all that hard for someone to practise a bit and get it so we can have a long-throw as an attacking weapon once again.

Oh and the video is of boys/young men Diego so if that's what you were referring to when you said girls you need some anatomy lessons (and probably an eye-test as well).

Oh and the video is of boys/young men Diego so if that's what you were referring to when you said girls you need some anatomy lessons (and probably an eye-test as well).

You should have gone to Specsavers, or your hospital's eye clinic, because I said:

" Then there's the video of the American girl doing a long throw after a somersault flip. Now here's a different one that I think could catch on." :blink:

Of the examples of long-throw merchants you quoted, I'm surprised you did not refer to Mark Allott. The question I implied previously is why has he stopped taking them?

Edited by Diego_Sideburns