Money Situation....and not paying tax!

I keep hearing that because we didn't make the 3rd round of the cup, we'll have to sell players. It doesn't make sense...if we'd beat cheltenham, we'd have gained £20K and then Morecambe would have been £30K....So ok, realistically, we're £50K down. Yes it's a lot, but everytime i hear it mentioned, it's talked that theres a potential 3rd round game on TV which may make us an extra few quid. You can't budget for this as the chances of getting on TV are slim. Say we got Burnley away again - we wouldnt be on TV, we'd probably get beat, and the crowd wouldnt raise to much cash, so i'm sticking at £50K down... Budgeting for that and anything more, is bad budgeting!

So this week we find that we're on TV for 2 games raising a total of £40K.....a sum which we didn't expect therefore didn't budget....leaving us a massive £10K down. To me, the club should be able to cope £10K less than budgeted because there is ALWAYS that chance that you won't win a game in the FA CUP. We shouldn't now have to sell ANY player in order to recoup what the cup cost us....

Another thing i've spotted today is regarding TAX that football clubs coming from administration are being told they do not have to pay:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7741859.stm

When we came out of administration, we didn't pay the full amount to HMRC, but how unfair is it that we had to pay 50% of our £520K bill when Leeds and Leicester only paid 10% of their £7m (approx) bill. Is it any wonder that teams go into administration - and then teams like Leeds and Leicester continue to spend?

I have to agree with the FA cup comment, the chances of getting on TV are slim, so why do we have to sell players?

I get the impression alot of this player sale talk has been whipped up by fans and newspapers, we're bound to get offers when our players are doing well but we dont have to accept them.

In the case of Hughes, theres no reason why he can't stay until the end of the season and see if we get promoted, if not he can talk to clubs and go for free.

I can see him staying.

I have to agree with the FA cup comment, the chances of getting on TV are slim, so why do we have to sell players?

I get the impression alot of this player sale talk has been whipped up by fans and newspapers, we're bound to get offers when our players are doing well but we dont have to accept them.

In the case of Hughes, theres no reason why he can't stay until the end of the season and see if we get promoted, if not he can talk to clubs and go for free.

I can see him staying.

Also worth noting that whilst we dont' need to accept bids, players can reject the move as well. I don't think taylor would leave this season even if TTA told him it was for the best. Someone has already said he has truned down a move to Doncatser which could be rubbish, but in all honesty I could definitely see happening. What's the chances that hughes is happy with life at the club and isn't keen on moving again?