Shez: Davies stays with us

I have to Laugh youv'e got a strabge sense of humour then at the fact the tae "Everyone hates Chris (Porter), but he scored loads of goals for us" line gets dragged out every time we have a pop at one of our strikers.... as rummy well says, did anyone dislike him when he was here in that secon season? Of course bloody not - Actually, many thought that he was lucky, unskilfull and lazy (until the Warne enthusiasm rubbed off on him) he was a hero, exactly up to the point he decided to stick two fingers up at us whilst skipping with his agent all the way to moneyland....

Its every supporter right to hammer an ex-player, doesn't mean that I have to agree with you especially one that screwed us over, or was percieved to... that has no bearing on what we feel to strikers in our team now, however, Davies just has to be one of the most wasteful and darn right stupid (not talking about anything off the pitch, his football brain in non-existant) and frustrating players I have ever seen. I'd have him over Carlo Corrazin, Matty Wolfenden, David Reeves et al any day

Now to me, O'Grady seems to be potentially very much in the porter mold. Apart from Porter = loads of goals O'Grady = yet to show the same. But both from Rotherham Give me his honesty and workrate anyday.Give me Davies goals over someone who says please and thank-you in the dressing room Now the next quip will be the "Oldham fans always prefer workrate over skill" - well in damn right in this instance, because it has been said on the Hughes thread that "We are not a one man team" - the difference between the two is that Davies actually belives it is. No, you belive that Davies believes that he is. You don't know what someone else thinks - this skill is something only women have

... he will get found out at stockport. I betcha by the time he comes back there will be some county supporters who never want to see him ever again...But then again, we have clearly misguided supporters as well, who would rather see a striker who shows commitment than one that scores goals as well

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we? Now you can understand what it's like for the rest of us when we're watching Davies on a football pitch.

Granted. I've been craving a player with pace who will scare the :censored: out of defenders for yonks. It'd just be nice to have one who isn't a headcase, has problems off the field as well as on, disrupts the dressing room with his sulking attitude and crap body language on the pitch, and can't even do the basics right like control a ball. Oh and he concedes TWICE as many fouls as anyone else on the park; so much for making that ball 'stick' up front, hey!

It's really worth noting that he played in 41 (yes, FOURTY ONE! Count 'em!) games last season, so that equates to around 3 and a half games per goal. Super ratio that. You know, I'm sure he'd be able to halve that ratio if he learned to be in the right place at the right time in the box, rather that sloping off somewhere with his shoulders out and his bottom lip resting on the turf because he's lost the ball. Again. And what have Shez and the backroom team been telling him publicly so many times???

And yourself pal. Enjoy the sangria matey! :grin:

Jay, you DO realise that we are not Chelsea don't you? You do realise that if Davies had the pace, attitude, skill and finishing power along with "intelligence" (although I fail to see how good he is at Soduku has anything to do with it) that he would not be playing for us?

I really do find the constant vilification aimed at Davies extreemly disappointing and I think that you should take a long hard look at yourself and ask just what it is that you want and whether your expectations are too high.

2 Quick points..

1. Porter came from Bury - plus was Shocking in his first season... IMO a lot worse than O'Grady is at the momet.

2. I thought you were going on holiday?

... just to say, I wanst hammering ex-players, I agree with you! The to most bemoaned players in recent seasons - Ports and Wellens - I would have back in the team in a second (on pure footballing ability!), both are streets ahead of what we have now (except Hughesy :wink: )

.. oh and another point... Davies over Carrazin? No way bucko... Carlo all the way! And the comment about wolfy is hilarious - wolfy is our 7th choice striker! I think i'd be ahead of wolfy if I decided to bring my boots to a match. Being better than wolfy is no indication of being a decent striker!

I really do find the constant vilification aimed at Davies extreemly disappointing and I think that you should take a long hard look at yourself and ask just what it is that you want and whether your expectations are too high.

Nah, dont buy it... my expectations are nothing more than having 11 players of the pitch who give their all for this club. Davies unfortunately does not fit into that bracket.

Edited by BigfinLatic

I sometimes wonder if you really watch Oldham BigFin, first Hughes is the greatest latics player of the last 10 years and now Porter was shocking in his first season and worse than O'Grady (who's strangely become the messiah after 15 a mins sub appearance, anyone replacing Byfield would look a world beater that day) performances

2 Quick points..

1. Porter came from Bury - plus was Shocking in his first season... IMO a lot worse than O'Grady is at the momet.

2. I thought you were going on holiday?

... just to say, I wanst hammering ex-players, I agree with you! The to most bemoaned players in recent seasons - Ports and Wellens - I would have back in the team in a second (on pure footballing ability!), both are streets ahead of what we have now (except Hughesy :wink: )

.. oh and another point... Davies over Carrazin? No way bucko... Carlo all the way! And the comment about wolfy is hilarious - wolfy is our 7th choice striker! I think i'd be ahead of wolfy if I decided to bring my boots to a match. Being better than wolfy is no indication of being a decent striker!

Nah, dont buy it... my expectations are nothing more than having 11 players of the pitch who give their all for this club. Davies unfortunately does not fit into that bracket.

OK, OK.....I am going.......