Latics Budget

Im am scratching my head why Shez keeps bringing up the budget situation...... I for one think he has had more than enough backing from TTA to get up up over the 3 years. Just because some clubs in this league pay stupid salaries to some players doesnt mean he can start paving excuses for failure.

You look at the wasted salaries at our club (I understand some funds will be redeemed from load clubs but.......)

Maher - Hardly featured (Think he looks ok, but whittaker/Allot are first choice) - HE WONT BE CHEAP!

Ogrady - Hardly featured (And Shez still thinks we need to loan more strikers) - IMO he is a good player

Thompson - Shipped out? (Dont think he will be back)

Lee - Hasnt featured (Whats the script with him, If what I hear is true we wont see him much) IMO a good player

Kalala - Shipped out? (Will not be back) IMO good player - probably not good enough for league 1

Stephens - Hasnt featured (One for the future we hope?)

Davies - Shipped out (IMO Will not be back, regardless what Shez says)

7 players - got to be over 10k worth of weekly wage bill with bonuses?

ALL SHEZ SIGNINGS, if im not mistaken.

You could argue that you need a bugger squad - but I get the feeling that only O'grady is in Shez 2008/2009 plans

So please JOHN please part the budget excuse for another time!!!!!!

Thoughts please?

Im am scratching my head why Shez keeps bringing up the budget situation...... I for one think he has had more than enough backing from TTA to get up up over the 3 years. Just because some clubs in this league pay stupid salaries to some players doesnt mean he can start paving excuses for failure.

You look at the wasted salaries at our club (I understand some funds will be redeemed from load clubs but.......)

Maher - Hardly featured (Think he looks ok, but whittaker/Allot are first choice) - HE WONT BE CHEAP!

Ogrady - Hardly featured (And Shez still thinks we need to loan more strikers) - IMO he is a good player

Lee - Hasnt featured (Whats the script with him, If what I hear is true we wont see him much) IMO a good player

Kalala - Shipped out? (Will not be back) IMO good player - probably not good enough for league 1

You could argue that you need a bugger squad - but I get the feeling that only O'grady is in Shez 2008/2009 plans

Thoughts please?

Oh I forgot - Fleming (Cracking young agile goalkeeper - first one we have had for a while) - We wont give him a sniff?

Thoughts please?

I agree some of his signings have been baffling considering he doesnt seem to play them very often. However, I dont believe he is trying to come up with excuses for failure. The other clubs who can shell out more money on wages can attract better players hence why they are more likely to go up. I cant see how Shez has failed at all with 2 top half finishes with the players we have had available. We do not have as good a squad as many make out, half of it is our own youth players. You say that he has been given enough backing to get us up over the last 3 years but I am pretty positive every year of his management there have been at least 2 or more teams able to attract a higher calibre of player than we can.

I agree some of his signings have been baffling considering he doesnt seem to play them very often. However, I dont believe he is trying to come up with excuses for failure. The other clubs who can shell out more money on wages can attract better players hence why they are more likely to go up. I cant see how Shez has failed at all with 2 top half finishes with the players we have had available. We do not have as good a squad as many make out, half of it is our own youth players. You say that he has been given enough backing to get us up over the last 3 years but I am pretty positive every year of his management there have been at least 2 or more teams able to attract a higher calibre of player than we can.

This isnt a pop at Shez, just think budget shouldnt be mentioned when we have a bench of blayers he never uses. For example Maher and Lee (Prob mustered 6 games) wouldnt it have been better to get one midfielder who gives us a few more options? The situation with Lee is odd to say the least..... I have seen him play a couple of times, and he looks a good little energetic player. Something we lacked against Brighton????

This isnt a pop at Shez, just think budget shouldnt be mentioned when we have a bench of blayers he never uses. For example Maher and Lee (Prob mustered 6 games) wouldnt it have been better to get one midfielder who gives us a few more options? The situation with Lee is odd to say the least..... I have seen him play a couple of times, and he looks a good little energetic player. Something we lacked against Brighton????

most budgets are usually set quite low,with exceptions being made for the right signing...

i seriously doubt anybody at our club is on 10k a week(if thats what you meant) think highest earner is around the 5 k mark.

maher was injured when he came and not fit,as too was lee.who since joining has had a mare with injurys one after the other,but hopefully should be fit or near abouts,cant understand why he isnt out on loan to get fitness though,same with stevens,he has looked decent from what i have seen so should be knocking on the door of the first team,but isnt.

fleming will only get his chance if norm is knackered,or his back goes...think this will be norms last as a player so next season flemming gets his chance,the thing with him was a few clubs were sniffing round and we got in first and tied him to a contract...

the trouble with other clubs,ie leeds leicster is that they have far superior gates and attendancies so there for they can afford to offer more wages and incentives...

we have 3.5k hard core and a further 1k floaters...hardly going to pay for that "right" player is it.

I do agree with that...I like Shez but he doesnt seem to give his signings all that much backing. I would personally prefer Maher to have a run in the side instead of Whits and the Lee situation is baffling, after apparently beating QPR to his signature he doesnt get any games at all.

I'd personally be gobsmacked if we had anybody significantly past the £2k a week mark.

Id take these things with a pinch of salt but my mates goes to uni with a lot of the Welsh contingencies friends and they were telling us about the wage structure at the club. Seemed to think Gregan as highest earner was on about 3k basic, with a couple of the more established younger players on 1k basic with fairly large appearance fees. I am sure these figures are not exact but probably quite a good indication of roughly what our players are getting.

most budgets are usually set quite low,with exceptions being made for the right signing...

i seriously doubt anybody at our club is on 10k a week(if thats what you meant) think highest earner is around the 5 k mark.

maher was injured when he came and not fit,as too was lee.who since joining has had a mare with injurys one after the other,but hopefully should be fit or near abouts,cant understand why he isnt out on loan to get fitness though,same with stevens,he has looked decent from what i have seen so should be knocking on the door of the first team,but isnt.

fleming will only get his chance if norm is knackered,or his back goes...think this will be norms last as a player so next season flemming gets his chance,the thing with him was a few clubs were sniffing round and we got in first and tied him to a contract...

the trouble with other clubs,ie leeds leicster is that they have far superior gates and attendancies so there for they can afford to offer more wages and incentives...

we have 3.5k hard core and a further 1k floaters...hardly going to pay for that "right" player is it.

No, 10k a week combined!!!!