Cold comfort for Chelsea

November 11, 2006, Greedy League: ManUre 1-1 Chelsea

Jose Mourinho and his Chelsea players were subjected to an untimely 5am fire alarm at their Manchester hotel yesterday on the eve of the biggest game of the season...

Apparently history repeated itself overnight when the fire alarm went off once again. The radio reports that Chelsea players stood for fifty minutes in their jockstraps outside in the cold.

Mind games is one thing, but even I can't believe the rumour that Taggart owns the hotel in question.

Is this one of the 'benefits' of playing the top teams at home in the colder months?

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I expected someone to have posted this yesterday, so I'll have to do it myself.

The mystery of the fire alarm being set off in the Chelsea team hotel prior to the ManUre game appeared to have been solved. The Sun had an exclusive which quoted a fireman at the scene saying: "It looks as though it was set off by Diego ....".

Apparently, my namesake, that cheating Argentinian barsteward, and his entourage, were smoking cigars on the 14th floor. He had come to watch Tevez, who was an unused sub, as he has crossed Taggart publicly over a new contract.