Mike Yarwood and The Chron

I understand that after 17 years Mike Yarwood has been made redundant at the Oldham Chronicle. Although Tony Bugby has written on Latics before, I will personally miss Mike's reports from Boundary Park.

Apologies if this has appeared in an earlier topic.

Anybody have any views?

:disappointed:

Happened ages ago mate, and I'm really annoyed about it myself, how negative is Bugby?!

maybe if someone has his email address(yarwoods) they could email him and enquire if he is going to set up an independant sports reporting service.....maybe he would be interested in doing something for owtb,on a personal level say.

I understand that after 17 years Mike Yarwood has been made redundant at the Oldham Chronicle. Although Tony Bugby has written on Latics before, I will personally miss Mike's reports from Boundary Park.

Apologies if this has appeared in an earlier topic.

Anybody have any views?

:disappointed:

Sorry, you've just committed the cardinal sin in some people's eyes! But I noticed you've only done a few posts. :wink: He got the boot a while back and it was commented upon on this forum. I think the majority of posters agree that Mike Yarwood had found his feet this season and was writing a humorous but well balanced view of the match. He certainly put the emotionally detached Bugby out in the shade. Maybe somebody at the 'Chron took a jealous dislike to his improved style and stuck the knife in. Like others before me, I don't even bother now, because it's just recycled garbage that he comes out with.

Great idea to get Yarwood on board at OWTB (free of charge), maybe the official site would be interested.

Sorry, you've just committed the cardinal sin in some people's eyes! But I noticed you've only done a few posts. :wink: He got the boot a while back and it was commented upon on this forum. I think the majority of posters agree that Mike Yarwood had found his feet this season and was writing a humorous but well balanced view of the match. He certainly put the emotionally detached Bugby out in the shade. Maybe somebody at the 'Chron took a jealous dislike to his improved style and stuck the knife in. Like others before me, I don't even bother now, because it's just recycled garbage that he comes out with.

Great idea to get Yarwood on board at OWTB (free of charge), maybe the official site would be interested.

Previous Yarwood Thread

Yarwood was great, but callin bugby an idiot is very harsh. he's covered oldham for years and years before yarwood took over. i expect bugby is now havin to cover oldham, city and united all by himself which is maybe why his first couple of reports read like he wasn't even at game, his more recent stuff has been good.

Yarwood was great, but callin bugby an idiot is very harsh. he's covered oldham for years and years before yarwood took over. i expect bugby is now havin to cover oldham, city and united all by himself which is maybe why his first couple of reports read like he wasn't even at game, his more recent stuff has been good.

i call him a idiot because of the reports I HAVE seen. maybe i just caught him on his bad day. also im not the only one who dosent like his match reports.

If people want Citeh and United match reports, they can go to the BBC, the MEN, the Times, the Guardian... you name it, as well as watching MOTD.

Why the hell should Oldham be given 3rd priority in the OLDHAM Chronical?!

All we get is about 3 sentences on the BBC, half a column in some national papers, maybe half a page in the MEN, and 3 seconds on the Championship in the morning!

The Chron has gone seriously down hill IMO... :disappointed:

The Chron at 45p is a joke.... think he gets his stories off here and teletext most days.

It ran a latics story the other day that was at least five days after other media... clueless.

Sad thing is Jim Williams is the editor and he wasnt a bad Latics reporter in his day