Virgin Media - Second Opinion

Lookers_Carl

A bit of advice please

Am in the process of looking for my own flat (the brother ste_1987 counting down days till I go). When the time comes I am looking to kit it out as cheaply as poss. One package I did see that took my interest was virgin media XL package (XL Phone, XL TV and XL 20mb Broadband) for £38 a month for first 6 months, £45 a month after that.

Could anyone who has all or any of these services for virgin media tell me how good/bad/average the service is. Its either this or BT phoneline plus take 02 internet with me. The service I need to be bang on in terms of the reliability is the broadband as I sometimes work from home.

I am aware that Virgin media operate traffic shaping in peak times but I am also aware of the limits in place and in all honesty dont thing i would anywhere near hit these.

A bit of advice please

Am in the process of looking for my own flat (the brother ste_1987 counting down days till I go). When the time comes I am looking to kit it out as cheaply as poss. One package I did see that took my interest was virgin media XL package (XL Phone, XL TV and XL 20mb Broadband) for £38 a month for first 6 months, £45 a month after that.

Could anyone who has all or any of these services for virgin media tell me how good/bad/average the service is. Its either this or BT phoneline plus take 02 internet with me. The service I need to be bang on in terms of the reliability is the broadband as I sometimes work from home.

I am aware that Virgin media operate traffic shaping in peak times but I am also aware of the limits in place and in all honesty dont thing i would anywhere near hit these.

I have the same package and ive no trouble with it, i mean as you will get with any service there is the odd hour where it does go down altho that hasnt happend in about 4-5 months

I would recomend them tbh

Edited by Gavin

I have the same package and ive no trouble with it, i mean as you will get with any service there is the odd hour where it does go down altho that hasnt happend in about 4-5 months

I would recomend them tbh

I've not used Virgin since I got back... my folks have a pretty comprehensive Sky TV package (all except movies), 8mb Broadband and Anytime unlimited calls for about £55.... it costs more and your Broadband is less - just wanted to offer a comparison for you.

Sky. Sky. Sky. I have had no broadband service outages for the last 2 years (since I switched over).

I had ntl/Virgin and their service was a disgrace. So much broadband and TV downtime it was unbelievable.

Cheers rummy

At the mo I'm with o2 for my broadband and must admit they have been very very good. Are sky's customer services based in the uk?