Gaps on The Terraces

Disappointing once more to see gaps on the terraces for a local derby game, with Latics riding high in the league. If we get through to the playoffs and a visit to Wembley, I wonder where the inevitable extra fans will come from? Perhaps they were secretly sat at home polishing their Televisions waiting for the Man U game to start ? If you know any part time suporters, make sure to tell them that the supporters are the twelfth man and to get to the games NOW, not wait until the glory days !

Oh and Chaddy End...... WAKE UP and start singing again!

Disappointing once more to see gaps on the terraces for a local derby game, with Latics riding high in the league. If we get through to the playoffs and a visit to Wembley, I wonder where the inevitable extra fans will come from? Perhaps they were secretly sat at home polishing their Televisions waiting for the Man U game to start ? If you know any part time suporters, make sure to tell them that the supporters are the twelfth man and to get to the games NOW, not wait until the glory days !

They are just losers we should be getting more for a team 3rd in the table.

They are just losers we should be getting more for a team 3rd in the table.

Fifteen years of failure.

Several false dawns.

Loss of belief in the club on the part of not only the town at large and the casual fan but, it seems, a sizeable part of the hardcore fanbase.

A game altered almost beyond recognition by money and skewed towards the big clubs.

Spiralling admission prices.

A looming economic depression.

I could go on.

Several false dawns.

Loss of belief in the club on the part of not only the town at large and the casual fan but, it seems, a sizeable part of the hardcore fanbase.

A game altered almost beyond recognition by money and skewed towards the big clubs.

I could go on.

This.

Several false dawns.

I could go on.

It also cost as much to watch Bolton. Bet there are other teams who you can watch who play better football. Who are not far away and cost similar or cheaper ticket prices. When it comes down to it more fans equal more money which equals more successful club. These means if people want a better local team than they need to support us now when we need it a lot more than if we were a bigger club.

It also cost as much to watch Bolton. Bet there are other teams who you can watch who play better football. Who are not far away and cost similar or cheaper ticket prices. When it comes down to it more fans equal more money which equals more successful club. These means if people want a better local team than they need to support us now when we need it a lot more than if we were a bigger club.

True. The problem is that it doesn't seem to work like that, as our own experience shows. While we had modest increases in average attendances in the Chris Moore era, which was a period of real hope despite how it ended, it seems that those who boosted attendances then are not prepared to give it another shot in the same kind of numbers.

One problem is that we got relegated at precisely the wrong time, while Bolton built sides capable of promotion at exactly the right time. The paths of the two clubs crossed. Bolton are still where they are largely because they got in on the TV cash bonanza whereas we missed it completely.

Disappointing once more to see gaps on the terraces for a local derby game

Although there isn't exactly a longstanding heritage of derby games between the two sides.

with Latics riding high in the league.

Although not as high as they should have been prior to the game, given the talent within the squad.

If we get through to the playoffs and a visit to Wembley, I wonder where the inevitable extra fans will come from?

Well, the play-off game v Blackpool and the FA Cup game v Huddersfield suggest finding the extra fans would be difficult. Rochdale took around 17,000 to Wembley. Would Latics beat this number?

Perhaps they were secretly sat at home polishing their Televisions waiting for the Man U game to start ?

Gutted. I thought it was on Setanta so missed if ffs.

If you know any part time supporters, make sure to tell them that the supporters are the twelfth man and to get to the games NOW, not wait until the glory days !

If you can guarantee that I won't look a tit in front of my mates again, after dragging them down to the Yeovil and Orient games, then I'm up for it.

Not a bad effort yesterday.

Well, the play-off game v Blackpool and the FA Cup game v Huddersfield suggest finding the extra fans would be difficult. Rochdale took around 17,000 to Wembley. Would Latics beat this number?

Despite everything, I think the town would turn out for a Wembley trip, as well a a sizeable number of City and ManUre.

The problem lies in keeping hold of them.

Edited by Corporal_Jones