Computer need updating?

lordLOVErocket80

Hope someone can help!! Its another question about FM2009!! After reading about other peoples experiances about installing it i thought i was better off sticking to FM2008. Anyway the FM bug was to strong and i bought 2009 today. Seems to have gone through the steam fine and the long winded reg. I thought i was ready to spend the night plotting Latics rise up the football league. Tried going into the game through steam and the icon on the desktop and the same thing comes up: CANNOT RUN GAME: FAILED TO SETUP GRAPHICS SYSTEM. ARRRGGH!! Any ideas would be most welcome.

Still no joy!! :mad: Could this be my video card is not up to scratch?? System requirements state that i need 128mb or greater. My current 1 is a VIA/S3G uniChrome igp whatever that means! Has you can tell im not that clued up on these things. All the other system req seem fine. Any advice would be great

I take it from your graphics card description that it is an "on-board the motherboard generic" one. These are not good enough I'm afraid. You could possibly try updating the driver for it: driver update but I doubt this will solve your problem. This is why consoles are taking over.... people just can't keep buying new graphics cards, more RAM, better processor, bigger hard drive, fans to cool all the extra stuff, a bigger case to hold all the extra fans and a bigger PSU to power all the extra fans every few months. I'm not going to even start talking about UI's and viruses......

I'm sorry for not being helpful.

I sense a touch of humour in that post but for goodness sake avoid PC World like the plague the worst decision I ever made was buying a so called Philips PC from PC World. Utter trash service.

they will sell you their crap.

also, if you want to be playing games on a laptop then do NOT buy any standard kit. Make sure it has a decent mobile chip set for a graphics card. They cost more but at least youll be able to play your games (for a few months until the games need an even better graphics card) I'd recommend looking out for a laptop with one of the following:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4000

GeForce 9700M GT, GeForce 9700M GTS, 9800M GTS, 9800M GT, and GeForce 9800M GTX.

ATI and NVidea have always been reliable retailers of video cards.