Add Scunny to the list...

Colchester

Bristol Rovers

Swindon

Cheltenham

Peterborough

Hereford

Only Col U where we conceded the 2nd in the 2nd half, although the capitulation at Hereford more than makes up for it. Seven 2+ goal head starts away from home by half time is absolutely pish poor.

E4e

DJAVU

Colchester

Bristol Rovers

Swindon

Cheltenham

Peterborough

Hereford

Only Col U where we conceded the 2nd in the 2nd half, although the capitulation at Hereford more than makes up for it. Seven 2+ goal head starts away from home by half time is absolutely pish poor.

E4e

DJAVU

too much Stella and red wine PEDANT POICE ALERT wasn't it 2-1 at HT agin PBoro?

Once, blame the defence. Twice, defence. Ok, at a push, three times...the defence.

But 7 (S E V E N)...

E4e

BLAME

Perfectly valid point Nik. We're a soft touch away from home and it could well cost us.

Not bottle in midfield to scrap when we're not playing well. Don't mind losing occasionally if we've scrapped hard it it just wasn't to be. I'll admit, I weren't there tonight, but I've heard enough from people who were there that our [soft] midfield is becoming our undoing.

Gregan had a good game in his Gregan way, big and strong in the challenge and most on here rate Rubes. So what is going wrong at the back? Whilst all our woes conceeding cannot be levelled at the back line something is happening with the goals conceeded of late. Last night the free kick first goal (which the referee allowed to be taken again after the fast free kick was bungled) you have to question Flemmings position to start with. The second Flemming was beaten on his near post, which for me is bible and verse as a keeper. However Flemming didn't give the free kick away nor lose the ball in our own half that brought about the free kick. Or allow their player a free run into the box in behind our defenders for the second.

Scunthorpe shocked me how physical they really are and our boys were just that against them....boys against men at times. They were aided by the officials allied with yet another poor off the blocks start by Latics. It's time Sheridan instilled in this bunch that going out onto the park to play football is not all that is required. First you need to have 100% effort, including the ugly stuff like holding off, using your body weight against theirs and mixing it a bit until you've earned the right to play the football. Wear the beast out and disillusion it and earn the right to kill it. Time for very harsh words and action for me today. Latics are looking the weak link in the top six and the side most likely to be caught and over taken. Once that happens we will not get back in. Without doubt we now need 2 wins from these two home games. I said and believed last night was a mega important game....we failed.