The Lies - Continue to flow from Boundary Park

Guest FyldeBlue

Guest FyldeBlue

Taken from Official site and Oldham Chronicle less than a month ago " Sheridan says - he has no idea who puts these ideas out but Craig Davies has always been in my plans" - he is not leaving Boundary Park"

Various other quotes have come from the same sources and others.... now we have the usual "for an undisclosed fee" what on earth is all that about ?....Trust !..how on earth can anyone at Boundary Park be trusted anymore. Keep the Faith - You must be joking.... and yet again even more long term damage has been done by this latest stupid decision - Davies never had a chance !

What sort of a daft situation has Sheridan landed us now with this latest "baffling" decision, Hughes has not signed a new contract yet !...so has the rest of this season to play about, sort of performing, then walk out on us at the end of the season for nothing, if he was going to accept the Directors supposedly fantastic offer surely he would have signed by now ?

Leaving us with a 40 year old striker and other strikers (supposedly) who don't do the business for us, yet can do it at other clubs !...and a load of up and coming inexperienced youngsters, (if they were any good they would have shown it by now) for next season which if all this comes true will mean we are still in this division.

This season has started to repeat the same as the last two, with players coming and going, showing great promise in some cases, showing absolutely none in others, each time Sheridan has gone over the top about "wanting them", fitting in to his plans" and so on...then what ?..they've been put out to other clubs on loan, this year prior to FA Cup was a typical example of "how not to do it" in my opinion, moving players out on loan, having the main striker on 4 Yellows, therefore knowing that if Hughes got another booking - which he did !....would then leave us with virtually no strikers other than Lewis Alessandro... we all know how well we did in the FA Cup !.....that loss has cost us far more than the financial rewards for progressing, it has cost the Management all credibility in my eyes, I'm pretty certain the owners will not have been too happy about it either...losing at home to Cheltenham!

We could argue that Sheridan is wheeling and dealing ?... he could of course have picked this management technique from the last idiot we had at B.P. whom Sheridan publically states " he admires so much"...and "he taught him a lot"...enough said.

Quite clearly this latest act of deceit from whoever ??... at Boundary Park has more or less ensured that our latest attempt to out of Division 1 will once again fail !... the crowds will go down even more than they have !...more players will walk away at the end of their contracts !.. we may be left with Hazell and a few others, those being the Managers pals...and despite Sheridans statements that - "he will do what he thinks is right" - quite blatantly he either doesn't mean it or doesn't know what he is talking about !.... sadly I feel the latter is now becoming quite clear to most.

The treatment of certain players this season has in my mind been "an absolute disgrace" -YET AGAIN !....Stam, Smalley, Davies, O'Grady, Maher, Whittaker, Alessandro, Stevens and of course the fans favourite right back!..... played out of position at left back!...little Kelvin who to his great credit has taken all the stick with the maturity of a player twice his age!... so hecklers that is aimed at YOU ! ....and Sheridan who with his experience should know exactly what effect these comments from the "all knowing" and "all seeing" crowd of supposed fans !...Go on carry on destroy the lad altogether why don't you....

No doubt we will have the same old often wheeled out excuses for another failure today !... "Danny Wilson knows how to beat any of Sheridan's teams"....I sincerely hope he fails to do so today as I think that a loss at home today, Hughes not signing his new contract... team spirit quite blatantly drooping, management running around in ever repeated and decreasing circles ...in the end doing the disappearing act right up the dark place is most certainly the future for all OAFC supporters.

What will the TTA do ?... If you just happened to be in their position - WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?... I know what I'd be looking to - selling up and getting out !.... the new housing estate will eventually end up where Boundary Park used to be !.

Keep the Faith !... after yet another total cock up - to add to the dozens already !...NO CHANCE....

WERE DOOMED..

Don't get too involved with what the club says. Just turn up Saturday afternoons, pay your money and get behind those 11 men wearing the Oldham badge. Sure everything managers say isn't what we want to hear but so what. If we get 3 points every week that's all that matters!

In Shez we trust, Keep the Faith.

Guest FyldeBlue
Things change very quickly in football. What is said one day can be different the next.

Remember we've been in the play-offs ALL season without Davies goals and effort.

Fair comments... but what would things have been like with him in the side ?...the 6 goals he scored for Stockport would, if he'd been playing and scoring in corresponding matches for us !... would be 10 more points and a result in the cup tie ?...

I agree things change in football, same in life !... sadly with so many changes and this loaning out, loans in, borrowing players, getting them in, letting them go and so on ( and it's nothing new I'm afraid ) has made certain that one thing we've not had this season is the very quality we need - consistency !... which will walk any team out of this division, I'm no longer a Sheridan fan I'm afraid, he is the one who decides what he wants - the TTA have backed him so far and continue to do so, I just don't think they will carry on much longer as the signs of failure - yet again !..have been showing for a few weeks now and one thing that has come to the surface in my mind is - the whole club needs consistency - the Manager with respect is continually showing that he himself lacks that quality, sorry but just my views.

Edited by FyldeBlue

Taken from Official site and Oldham Chronicle less than a month ago " Sheridan says - he has no idea who puts these ideas out but Craig Davies has always been in my plans" - he is not leaving Boundary Park"

Perhaps it wasn't Shez's decision but was the owners...and they had the choice between getting rid of a player who hasn't scored for us all season or selling one of our two best players at a cut price.

Various other quotes have come from the same sources and others.... now we have the usual "for an undisclosed fee" what on earth is all that about ?....Trust !..how on earth can anyone at Boundary Park be trusted anymore. Keep the Faith - You must be joking.... and yet again even more long term damage has been done by this latest stupid decision - Davies never had a chance !

Undisclosed fees are sadly commonplace in football. However, in this situation maybe it's best. Say we've got 100k for Craig, and want to get Killer in. We offer 50k to Leeds, who turn round and say, hold on...we know you got 100k on Saturday...we want more...best to keep the fee underwraps for now.

What sort of a daft situation has Sheridan landed us now with this latest "baffling" decision, Hughes has not signed a new contract yet !...so has the rest of this season to play about, sort of performing, then walk out on us at the end of the season for nothing, if he was going to accept the Directors supposedly fantastic offer surely he would have signed by now ?

Again, probably TTA's decision. On the Hughes situation, perhaps the club know more than you do.

This season has started to repeat the same as the last two, with players coming and going, showing great promise in some cases, showing absolutely none in others, each time Sheridan has gone over the top about "wanting them", fitting in to his plans" and so on...then what ?..they've been put out to other clubs on loan, this year prior to FA Cup was a typical example of "how not to do it" in my opinion, moving players out on loan, having the main striker on 4 Yellows, therefore knowing that if Hughes got another booking - which he did !....would then leave us with virtually no strikers other than Lewis Alessandro... we all know how well we did in the FA Cup !.....that loss has cost us far more than the financial rewards for progressing, it has cost the Management all credibility in my eyes, I'm pretty certain the owners will not have been too happy about it either...losing at home to Cheltenham!

If Shez thought that sending CD out on loan would help him and ultimately the club in its promotion bid then he made the right decision still in my book. If CD had the chance to go, and wanted to, to Stockport...then it would have been awful management to turn down the opportunity just in case one striker got booked so he could play in the Cup. And for what it's worth, CD didn't score in a Tics shirt this season. What's to say he'd have changed the game against Cheltenham?

We could argue that Sheridan is wheeling and dealing ?... he could of course have picked this management technique from the last idiot we had at B.P. whom Sheridan publically states " he admires so much"...and "he taught him a lot"...enough said.

For all of Uncle Ronnie's tactical faults, his knowledge of the lower leagues is extensive and he brought in some very good players to the club. Shez has learnt a lot from RM, and as far as lower league figures go, you could do a lot worse than learn under Ronnie Moore.

The treatment of certain players this season has in my mind been "an absolute disgrace" -YET AGAIN !....Stam, Smalley, Davies, O'Grady, Maher, Whittaker, Alessandro, Stevens and of course the fans favourite right back!..... played out of position at left back!...little Kelvin who to his great credit has taken all the stick with the maturity of a player twice his age!... so hecklers that is aimed at YOU ! ....and Sheridan who with his experience should know exactly what effect these comments from the "all knowing" and "all seeing" crowd of supposed fans !...Go on carry on destroy the lad altogether why don't you....

Huh? What's Sheridan said to attack Kelvin? He's kept faith in him and left him in the side despite calls for his exclusion. And on the other points, Stam: not as good as Rubes or Greegs, Davies: awful form this season, O'Grady: hasn't looked like scoring, Maher: doing alright, Whits: likewise, Lewi: should have been played more but I'd hardly call his treatment 'absolutely disgraceful', Dale: he was signed as a prospect for the future, the club said this when he arrived.

I've picked the bits which I can be arsed arguing against. The rest of your post is just as ridiculous as the points I've highlighted. Absolute tosh.

Edited by jsslatic

People seem to forget how close we were to going under just afew years ago, people should proud n happy to be where were at now! We had no players hardly, a team made up of non contract players n youth players, who remembers sheff wed away 2-2 draw, how proud did it make u feel at sheff wed singer ur heart out, but we got through all that. We could be in the conference now or not even here. Get behind the team!!!

Guest FyldeBlue

Perhaps it wasn't Shez's decision but was the owners...and they had the choice between getting rid of a player who hasn't scored for us all season or selling one of our two best players at a cut price.

Undisclosed fees are sadly commonplace in football. However, in this situation maybe it's best. Say we've got 100k for Craig, and want to get Killer in. We offer 50k to Leeds, who turn round and say, hold on...we know you got 100k on Saturday...we want more...best to keep the fee underwraps for now.

Again, probably TTA's decision. On the Hughes situation, perhaps the club know more than you do.

If Shez thought that sending CD out on loan would help him and ultimately the club in its promotion bid then he made the right decision still in my book. If CD had the chance to go, and wanted to, to Stockport...then it would have been awful management to turn down the opportunity just in case one striker got booked so he could play in the Cup. And for what it's worth, CD didn't score in a Tics shirt this season. What's to say he'd have changed the game against Cheltenham?

For all of Uncle Ronnie's tactical faults, his knowledge of the lower leagues is extensive and he brought in some very good players to the club. Shez has learnt a lot from RM, and as far as lower league figures go, you could do a lot worse than learn under Ronnie Moore.

Huh? What's Sheridan said to attack Kelvin? He's kept faith in him and left him in the side despite calls for his exclusion. And on the other points, Stam: not as good as Rubes or Greegs, Davies: awful form this season, O'Grady: hasn't looked like scoring, Maher: doing alright, Whits: likewise, Lewi: should have been played more but I'd hardly call his treatment 'absolutely disgraceful', Dale: he was signed as a prospect for the future, the club said this when he arrived.

I've picked the bits which I can be arsed arguing against. The rest of your post is just as ridiculous as the points I've highlighted. Absolute tosh.

Whatever !...who cares anyway.

Question, how many games did Craig Davies actually play for US this season ?....hardly surpring he failed to score, come off it your "rose coloured glasses".....need a good clean.

Quite clearly to virtually everyone Shez !... now there's another clue for you I'll come back to...Shez HAS HIS FAVOURITES, which always leads to problems !

When Dean Windass signed for us he openly made comment in the Chron about his surprise, as throughout his (Dean) career he always refers to his Manager as Gaffer or Boss and " he was surprised that he was expected to call Sheridan Shez"...

IF Sheridan has not realised by now, then it is too late - Familiarity breeds contempt - too much of it at Boundary Park I'm afraid.

Ask any retired or present professional footballer you WILL GET THE SAME ANSWER pal.

Guest FyldeBlue
Fylde, your assumptions, suppositions, wild accusations and hysterical claims do not add up to the club telling lies.

Always have and sadly it appears - Always will Garcon

Question, how many games did Craig Davies actually play for US this season ?....hardly surpring he failed to score, come off it your "rose coloured glasses".....need a good clean.

Quite clearly to virtually everyone Shez !... now there's another clue for you I'll come back to...Shez HAS HIS FAVOURITES, which always leads to problems !

When Dean Windass signed for us he openly made comment in the Chron about his surprise, as throughout his (Dean) career he always refers to his Manager as Gaffer or Boss and " he was surprised that he was expected to call Sheridan Shez"...

IF Sheridan has not realised by now, then it is too late - Familiarity breeds contempt - too much of it at Boundary Park I'm afraid.

Ask any retired or present professional footballer you WILL GET THE SAME ANSWER pal.

How many did you ask? Load of trash that, different managers have different styles.

People seem to forget how close we were to going under just afew years ago, people should proud n happy to be where were at now! We had no players hardly, a team made up of non contract players n youth players, who remembers sheff wed away 2-2 draw, how proud did it make u feel at sheff wed singer ur heart out, but we got through all that. We could be in the conference now or not even here. Get behind the team!!!

Andy I can see where you are comin from but...we cant keep clinging on to that statement,

According to soccerbase he's played 14 times. He's scored 4 in his last 35 Latics appearances. He's had his injuries, but he was two weeks away from not scoring for Latics for a calendar year.

Yes he has his favourites. All managers have their favourites. The fans have their favourites. But let's put it this way, if Davies was doing the business in training and on the pitch, then he'd be in the team. He isn't. A manager doesn't just think, we didn't score last week so I'll give someone else a go. If they've proved in training that they're better than that which is ahead of them, then they'd get a go. Davies hasn't.

I really don't care that people call him Shez. But even if it did matter, it hardly fits into your argument. It's gone from lies coming out of BP, to Deano being surprised Shez doesn't ask people to call him 'gaffer'...and apparently now the players hold contempt for Shez. Not sure what you're arguing, and I'm not really convinced whatever it is has any merits.

That said, you've said stuff in capital letters, so clearly you are right.

Guest sheridans_world

If Shez gets us promoted this year, I'm sure you'll come back with a full aplogy.

Shez might have said 'Davies is not leaving Boundary Park', but have you not though this was to back-up what he was saying to Davies behind closed doors? Putting his faith in Davies? Yet Davies still failed to deliver. Its basic management, you try and get someone to do what you want them to do. If theys dont deliver, come out with something publically about him sorting his head out and he's still in your plans. If he still doesnt deliver, get rid. Case Closed.

Any club at this level has to play players out of position. FACT.

You do know football is only a game dont you?

Do you like conspiarcy theories?

Well obviously you'll believe that. But it's interesting that no-one's agreed with you yet...

the only dismaying thing is we havent done a deal with murry coming this way.

as for the club telling lies...bolloks!!!

it was posted on here days after he headbutted the rochdale player his days were numbered...the club have held on and held on in the vain hope he got his :censored: together...but he didnt.

shame he has left as he is a good prospect if he sorts himself out....good luck to the guy.

Leaving us with a 40 year old striker and other strikers (supposedly) who don't do the business for us, yet can do it at other clubs !...and a load of up and coming inexperienced youngsters, (if they were any good they would have shown it by now) for next season which if all this comes true will mean we are still in this division.

Quite clearly this latest act of deceit from whoever ??... at Boundary Park has more or less ensured that our latest attempt to out of Division 1 will once again fail !... the crowds will go down even more than they have !...more players will walk away at the end of their contracts !.. we may be left with Hazell and a few others, those being the Managers pals...and despite Sheridans statements that - "he will do what he thinks is right" - quite blatantly he either doesn't mean it or doesn't know what he is talking about !.... sadly I feel the latter is now becoming quite clear to most.

No doubt we will have the same old often wheeled out excuses for another failure today !... "Danny Wilson knows how to beat any of Sheridan's teams"....I sincerely hope he fails to do so today as I think that a loss at home today, Hughes not signing his new contract... team spirit quite blatantly drooping, management running around in ever repeated and decreasing circles ...in the end doing the disappearing act right up the dark place is most certainly the future for all OAFC supporters.

What will the TTA do ?... If you just happened to be in their position - WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?... I know what I'd be looking to - selling up and getting out !.... the new housing estate will eventually end up where Boundary Park used to be !.

Keep the Faith !... after yet another total cock up - to add to the dozens already !...NO CHANCE....

:laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16:

Cheers, now I'll read the replies. :)

Fair comments... but what would things have been like with him in the side ?...the 6 goals he scored for Stockport would, if he'd been playing and scoring in corresponding matches for us !... would be 10 more points and a result in the cup tie ?...

I agree things change in football, same in life !... sadly with so many changes and this loaning out, loans in, borrowing players, getting them in, letting them go and so on ( and it's nothing new I'm afraid ) has made certain that one thing we've not had this season is the very quality we need - consistency !... which will walk any team out of this division, I'm no longer a Sheridan fan I'm afraid, he is the one who decides what he wants - the TTA have backed him so far and continue to do so, I just don't think they will carry on much longer as the signs of failure - yet again !..have been showing for a few weeks now and one thing that has come to the surface in my mind is - the whole club needs consistency - the Manager with respect is continually showing that he himself lacks that quality, sorry but just my views.

:unsure:

Make your mind up.

As for your opening comment I put in bold.....I'm lost for words. I havent heard anything so ridiculous since I was in the playground with a load of reds.

Normally I'd think your post was a wind-up, but worryingly I somehow don't think it is....

Anyway, thanks for a chuckle I'm off to the game. :)

Guest FyldeBlue
:unsure:

Make your mind up.

As for your opening comment I put in bold.....I'm lost for words. I havent heard anything so ridiculous since I was in the playground with a load of reds.

Normally I'd think your post was a wind-up, but worryingly I somehow don't think it is....

Anyway, thanks for a chuckle I'm off to the game. :)

Hope you and everyone enjoyed yet more crap from this Manager and this team who ARE QUITE BLATANTLY SHOWING they have no respect for him and his management skills or team selection.

This is the best team for Home matches I guess ? ah well looks like I'd better order another few thousand of those Rose Coloured Glasses, I'll get the special ones which only show two places in the league ( 10th and 11th ....forecast for you all )

Most of you who decided to read my letter earlier have obviously disagreed, no problems there, quite clearly none of you have absolutely the slightest knowledge of football.... this present team is crap, we have taken on new players and for whatever reason their faces don't fit, so we tell the fans "Craig Davies has a future at Boundary Park"... then within weeks/DAYS EVEN ! .... make it very obvious he has none and then today just abouts sums it all up.

One day the penny will drop...let me know how many pairs of special glasses you need ?

Thanks, I'm delighted you experienced yet more awful rubbish- supposedly a football match ! who are you kiddin' ...? YOURSELVES ....

Edited by FyldeBlue

Hope you and everyone enjoyed yet more crap from this Manager and this team who ARE QUITE BLATANTLY SHOWING they have no respect for him and his management skills or team selection.

This is the best team for Home matches I guess ? ah well looks like I'd better order another few thousand of those Rose Coloured Glasses, I'll get the special ones which only show two places in the league ( 10th and 11th ....forecast for you all )

Most of you who decided to read my letter earlier have obviously disagreed, no problems there, quite clearly none of you have absolutely the slightest knowledge of football.... this present team is crap, we have taken on new players and for whatever reason their faces don't fit, so we tell the fans "Craig Davies has a future at Boundary Park"... then within weeks/DAYS EVEN ! .... make it very obvious he has none and then today just abouts sums it all up.

One day the penny will drop...let me know how many pairs of special glasses you need ?

Thanks, I'm delighted you experienced yet more awful rubbish- supposedly a football match ! who are you kiddin' ...? YOURSELVES ....

Totally missed the point(s).

I know nothing about football, and you talk about how many points we would have had some of Stockport's goals been Oldhams.

Jesus

If Shez gets us promoted this year, I'm sure you'll come back with a full aplogy.

Shez might have said 'Davies is not leaving Boundary Park', but have you not though this was to back-up what he was saying to Davies behind closed doors? Putting his faith in Davies? Yet Davies still failed to deliver. Its basic management, you try and get someone to do what you want them to do. If theys dont deliver, come out with something publically about him sorting his head out and he's still in your plans. If he still doesnt deliver, get rid. Case Closed.

Any club at this level has to play players out of position. FACT.

You do know football is only a game dont you?

Do you like conspiarcy theories?

Monopoly is only a game. When I, and many others, spend the money we do watching Latics, Football is a lot more than "only a game".

Guest FyldeBlue
Totally missed the point(s).

I know nothing about football, and you talk about how many points we would have had some of Stockport's goals been Oldhams.

Jesus

Is it so hard for you to understand simple logic ?...If Davies was playing for HIS club (OAFC) rather than being on loan to our rivals Stockport, got it ?... then the goals he scored for them would have been far more benefit TO US had he been playing for us...and Scored them for US !..get it yet ?

Sorry you are obviously lacking in something...? wonders what !...hmmm oh yes football knowledge.