leicester ticket prices

May I suggest that you email the rarely wrong Chron, the Club's media partner, to ask it to subsidise heavily a future game in order to provide Latics supporters, who buy the Chron, with a 'local promotion' bargain during these days of economic crisis?

And where do you think the Chron, who for years have pretty much not had a pot to piss in, are gonna find the money for that??! The Leicester Mercury is different gravy in terms of finance, and from a quick scan at thier website, part of a large syndicated newspaper group, and have put some money where they will not only get coverage of 20k+ fans... but sky TV

Never gonna happen. The last time it happened with us was when hillstones in the construction boom chipped some money in. I highly doubt any 'local' company is going to be willing to do this at the moment.

And where do you think the Chron, who for years have pretty much not had a pot to piss in, are gonna find the money for that??! The Leicester Mercury is different gravy in terms of finance, and from a quick scan at thier website, part of a large syndicated newspaper group, and have put some money where they will not only get coverage of 20k+ fans... but sky TV

Never gonna happen. The last time it happened with us was when hillstones in the construction boom chipped some money in. I highly doubt any 'local' company is going to be willing to do this at the moment.

How much do you think it would cost, there must be a way where the club wins the fans win and the sponser wins. Its not only people in the ground who will see the sponsers name but everyone watching it on sky. Just need to find a sponser who is filling to part with a bit of cash.

Perhaps the Advertiser (part of MEN) should be asked, instead of the rarely flushed with cash Chron.

The Club employs three Commercial & Marketing Executives, who no doubt have approached local companies.

"Oh hello is that, (insert name of local company here), I'm a commercial & marketing executive from Oldham Athletic I was wondering if you'd like to be involved in a promotion at the club."

"No thanks"

"Ok won't bother you again. Thank you for your time"

List done in July and not chased up again until next July.

I'm sorry but a blind, deaf, mute, drunk man who doesn't speak English could do a better job. Marketing Oldham is not like marketing sewage but it would help if the club threw the useless Chron aside and got some proper media outlets involved. The MEN aren't going to help out Latics in the same way as the Leicester Mercury (who only have Leicester to worry about) not when Stockport, Bolton, Wigan, PLC and laughing stock are all in the area (and whom they suck up to more). To be honest although I can see the point in the rule I don't think its fair as a lot of teams don't have a local newspaper (the best people to take advantage) that can do it, or if they do its shared with other teams and they can't do it for everyone. I think instead of trying to get around something Leicester are entitled to do (although why they have chosen Oldham instead of someone like Hereford I don't know) we should see if we can't get the FA to change the rule (which is obviously flawed).

Can I point out that although B&Q and ASDA both have local outlets they are not based in Oldham, and can't really do this sort of thing for only one club.

The problem is not only the sponsor, but also the audience. Now, i'd assume Leicester have around 10k floating fans that turn up and pay on the day... obviously different for each match.... oldham have what... 2k, 3k max.... thats a hell of a different number of fans to market to...

Now you could say its cost Vs benifits... ie. more fans = more cost, but its not... its about the campaign itself, catchment area, and group of active listeners to the campain... you would be mad as a company to do this in oldham...

Unfortunately its the old problem in Oldham... no-one gives a toss. Its the old cookie, but to get deals like this, we need to start performing on the pitch. Again, its far easier to do this for a top of the table team...

I can't bothered reading the whole of this thread because, frankly, it's a lot of moaning about nothing - particularly as Leicester have done absolutely nothing wrong.

May I remind those with the average football fan memory that the last time we did a 'local promotion' was the home game vs Leyton Orient. And the away fans categorically were not included in that deal.

I can't bothered reading the whole of this thread because, frankly, it's a lot of moaning about nothing - particularly as Leicester have done absolutely nothing wrong.

May I remind those with the average football fan memory that the last time we did a 'local promotion' was the home game vs Leyton Orient. And the away fans categorically were not included in that deal.

Check your facts, they did get a discounted rate! Also Northampton and Bournemouth (was it) fans the other season when we ran a promotion for 2 home games were given the same offer as home fans. Its hardly moaning about anything is it, a difference of £15 is enormous, were not saying theyve dont anything wrong within the law, but morally they have .. they havent even offered a goodwill offer to Oldham fans.