leicester ticket prices

i know this has been on the board already. but on the official leicester board it says the mercury newspaper vouchers can be used up to 3.00 on saturday, further down it says if you live to far away to collect the newspaper you can ring the ticket office to arrange to pay the offer price for match tickets now i am sure that is not a local promotion

has anyone rang to complain

i know this has been on the board already. but on the official leicester board it says the mercury newspaper vouchers can be used up to 3.00 on saturday, further down it says if you live to far away to collect the newspaper you can ring the ticket office to arrange to pay the offer price for match tickets now i am sure that is not a local promotion

Not me... However I'm sure I know a mr sideburns who can/probably already has! :wink:

At the risk of being scoffed at for keep repeating the same story, here goes.

I sent emails to LCFC and Alan Hardy when the 'local promotion' was announced, but sadly we are stuck with the expensive ticket prices, compared to home supporters.

Then I asked LCFC to reduce ticket prices for Latics supporters, even if not by as much as the cheap tickets for home supporters, in order to encourage more of them to travel and thereby improve the atmosphere on Sky. My representations were unsuccessful. :disappointed:

Puts a different slant on things :mmm:

Probably 'revenge' for all the Oldham IP address's who had voted for 'Fovever Foxes' in their latest shirt poll!

I'm abstaining from voting, as I don't want to give LCFC any money from clicking onto its site, as a one-man protest at Latics fans being charged full price for the upcoming televised game. :tongue1:

At the risk of being scoffed at for keep repeating the same story, here goes.

I sent emails to LCFC and Alan Hardy when the 'local promotion' was announced, but sadly we are stuck with the expensive ticket prices, compared to home supporters.

Then I asked LCFC to reduce ticket prices for Latics supporters, even if not by as much as the cheap tickets for home supporters, in order to encourage more of them to travel and thereby improve the atmosphere on Sky. My representations were unsuccessful. :disappointed:

the wording they have used in the advert states it is a local promotion that is how they have got round it with the fa the word local in the dictionary says petaining to a city,town, or village now a local newspaper such as the leicester mercury will be available in leicester and surrounding areas but it says if you live to far away to get a copy of the newspaper for the said vouchers you can ring the ticket office to make arrangments to purchase tickets at the reduced cost this then makes it a national promotion but for home fans only which is against fa regulations

Yeh, thats who ive emailed. Wish i`d seen the bit about living to far away to get the paper etc before i emailed him. Not to worry, if he replies it shall be included! :grin:

I posted this yesterday.

The details are on the LCFC Official Site:

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1520956,00.html

Tickets are obtainable by token-holders from the LCFC Ticket Ofice. It doesn't say wheher token-holders can pay on the day at the Ticket Office. However, it gives a phone number for home fans who cannot get the tokens.

As the tickets are heavily subsidised by the Leicester Mercury, the 'local promotion' differs from those at BP, where OAFC has subsidised tickets for both home and away supporters. If the rarely wrong Chron would agree to subsidise tickets, Latics could organise a 'local promotion' along similar lines.

the wording they have used in the advert states it is a local promotion that is how they have got round it with the fa the word local in the dictionary says petaining to a city,town, or village now a local newspaper such as the leicester mercury will be available in leicester and surrounding areas but it says if you live to far away to get a copy of the newspaper for the said vouchers you can ring the ticket office to make arrangments to purchase tickets at the reduced cost this then makes it a national promotion but for home fans only which is against fa regulations

It's classed as a 'local promotion' because the ticket prices are heavily subsidised by the local newspaper. It's only applicable to home supporters regardless of whether they live locally or at Land's End. The Leicester supporters who can't get the tokens will have their details on the LCFC ticket Office computer to verify their authenticity.

Missed that to! :blush:

Did you see this one?

To rub salt into our wounds, the Leicester Mercury offer has been extended to 3:00pm on Saturday.

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1545136,00.html

Now far be it from me to suggest that any of our supporters should go into the home sections of the Walkers, because that would be asking for trouble and doing damage to OAFC's good name. However, I would not be surprised if some did. They would only need to go to the Leicester Mercury office, buy the newspaper from two different days, fill in the application form (local address via a bit of Googling), tear out the two tokens and take to the Ticket Office. They could then utilise the rest of the afternoon spending those £15 per ticket savings on food and drink. I wouldn't do it because I want to get behind the lads, and have to accept that it's going to cost me money to do so, but not everyone sees it like that.

This is what is likely to happen with such a massive difference in ticket price beteween home supporters and loyal visiting supporters. :angry::mad:

Good morning.

Thank you for your e mail.

Football Clubs are allowed to run a local promtion up to four times a season and this is a match where we have taken the choice to organise one.

We are running the promotion through the local newspaper.

I hope that is helpful.

Best wishes and enjoy thre remainder of the season -safe journeys.

Regards

Peter Jones

Supporter Relations Manager

0116 229 4527

didnt exactly answer any of my questions!

Got this reply from the fa

Dear Danny

Thank you for your email.

Please let me draw your attention to the following Football League regulation, which explains the issue you refer to.

Regulation 31.2.11:

Discounts or special promotions (in each case for one match only) made available to supporters of the Home Club must also be made available on a similar basis to visiting supporters provided always that each Club shall be permitted to designate four (4) Matches per Season as ’local promotion’ Matches where this Regulation shall be deemed not to apply.

As you will see from this, the Club is acting within the regulations.

Best wishes to you and your team for the remainder of the season.

Yours sincerely

Mark Bradley

Customer Service

The Football League

www.football-league.co.uk

Think this will only make some oldham fans go in the leicester end to save money. I can see what happened at stockport happening at leicester and in front of the sky camera`s.

Everytime we do these offers the away fans get the same deal. Think its about time we got our own offer for home fans only. Should do it for the leeds game £5 for over 18s £3 for under 18s £1 for under 5s. Wont any money as were getting cash from sky and 4000+ leeds fans. Would look good a full ground for once.

Everytime we do these offers the away fans get the same deal. Think its about time we got our own offer for home fans only. Should do it for the leeds game £5 for over 18s £3 for under 18s £1 for under 5s. Wont any money as were getting cash from sky and 4000+ leeds fans. Would look good a full ground for once.

May I suggest that you email the rarely wrong Chron, the Club's media partner, to ask it to subsidise heavily a future game in order to provide Latics supporters, who buy the Chron, with a 'local promotion' bargain during these days of economic crisis?