A lift to Yeovil

Hi all. I have a car (ford focus) that i can use to go to Yeovil, and have room for a comfy 3 more people. And was wondering if anyone in the Oldham area would be interested in getting a lift with me. I'm not sure what the petrol costs would be though. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost in petrol there and back for a 1.6 engine? I think it would be roughfly £20-25 each. I smoke cigarettes so smokers welcome. I have tax and insurance and these can be shown before the journey. Thanks.

Hi all. I have a car (ford focus) that i can use to go to Yeovil, and have room for a comfy 3 more people. And was wondering if anyone in the Oldham area would be interested in getting a lift with me. I'm not sure what the petrol costs would be though. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost in petrol there and back for a 1.6 engine? I think it would be roughfly £20-25 each. I smoke cigarettes so smokers welcome. I have tax and insurance and these can be shown before the journey. Thanks.

It's around 220 miles one-way, so at a conservative estimate of 40mpg, you should use around 5.5 gals or 25 litres. At around 88p a litre it will be £22. So a good guess!

Guest sheridans_world

I make it 240 miles one way, so 480 miles round trip.

480/40mg = 12 Gallons or 54 litres.

54 x 88p = £47.52 / 4 people in a car £11.88

Make it £15 after wear and tear.

Shows how much cheaper it is to go by a full car than by coach.