Amazing statistic...

I'm not one for stats

Neither am I but this one is quite unbelievable in my opinion.

Out of 37 league goals conceded in 31 league games this season, only 1 has been scored against us after 72 minutes (82nd minute, away to Stockport)!

If you assume a conservative average of 2 minutes stoppage time at the end of the 90 minutes, it equates to 1 goal in 12 hours of football.

So why is my heart always in my mouth towards the end of a game?

That is good statistic!

I always felt we where known for letting late goals. I always half expected the other team to score in the last 10 mins, with one eye shut, sweating, hoping not!

Looks like there is no need to panic ,after 80mins we (fans) can relax knowing the job is done (if we are winning)! :wink:

But hold on. The players are completely pissed all the time and show up late for games having eaten ten chip butties from Tesco's. Surely this regime has the opposite effect and this is all just luck?

Or is all that has been said on here after <pick defeat of Oldham by another Division 3 side> a load of bollocks?

That is good statistic!

I always felt we where known for letting late goals. I always half expected the other team to score in the last 10 mins, with one eye shut, sweating, hoping not!

Looks like there is no need to panic ,after 80mins we (fans) can relax knowing the job is done (if we are winning)! :wink:

The secret is to continue NOT singing Jingle Bells until the final whistle. B)

Out of 37 league goals conceded in 31 league games this season, only 1 has been scored against us after 72 minutes (82nd minute, away to Stockport)!

If you assume a conservative average of 2 minutes stoppage time at the end of the 90 minutes, it equates to 1 goal in 12 hours of football.

THANKS

you do know that we will be winning 1-0 against Yeovil and they will score 2 in the last 10 minutes now. :grin:

With your team holding onto a slender lead, it is the natural tendency of any true football fan to believe that his/her team, that have just played 80 minutes or so of scintillating, free-flowing football, will suddenly become more akin to the Dog & Duck than Brazil, for the last ten minutes. :grin:

we have only lost 6 games so far in the division, only bettered by leicester with 2 losses. theres another stat,