Shez on Colchester

does anybody else find it slightly irksome....that again after gaining 4 good points against millwall and leeds,that shez is still only attaining to a playoff spot...

have read a few articles relating to the two games from various people and managers,and the one constant is that grayson at leeds and jacket at millwall are still going for automatic....every time there is a quote or something its,yes i was pleased with a point against oldham,this now gives us the impetous to push for that automatic promotion spot....

yet we always seem to be pouring cold water on things and saying,yes we must consoladate the playoff spot,like were ready to accept our fate in the lottery in may.

We're being realistic. MKDons are in 3rd and have 3 games in hand over us and are already 4 points clear. At the moment 2nd looks a long way away, all we can do is win as many matches as possible and see where we end up, more than likely that we'll finish in the playoffs rather than 2nd.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Impression I get from Shez is the first target is 78 points. He's said he wants to get to that as quickly as possible, and rightly so. If we get there soon, then he'll set a further target for 2nd place.

One step at a time. At the moment I'm still looking at games Posh and MK have with the sides 6-9 and hoping they beat them. The larger the cushion between us and the chasing pack the better.

does anybody else find it slightly irksome....that again after gaining 4 good points against millwall and leeds,that shez is still only attaining to a playoff spot...

have read a few articles relating to the two games from various people and managers,and the one constant is that grayson at leeds and jacket at millwall are still going for automatic....every time there is a quote or something its,yes i was pleased with a point against oldham,this now gives us the impetous to push for that automatic promotion spot....

yet we always seem to be pouring cold water on things and saying,yes we must consoladate the playoff spot,like were ready to accept our fate in the lottery in may.

The same attitude which saw us scrape a play off spot two years ago despite auto being in reach going into the Easter weekend...

The same attitude which saw us scrape a play off spot two years ago despite auto being in reach going into the Easter weekend...

Of all the teams in the playoff zone, we are the most perilously placed. Having played the most games, MK Dons, Millwall and Scunthorpe (7th at the moment) could be higher placed if they win their games in hand. Obviously, I would rather have the points on board, as playing catch-up can bite a team on the bum.

Just keep winning. I hate these points targets. Winning is and should be the aim, let the points take care of themselves. With thirteen games to go, anything could happen.

Just keep winning. I hate these points targets. Winning is and should be the aim, let the points take care of themselves. With thirteen games to go, anything could happen.
i believe Crystal Palace were celebrating and did a lap of honour when they met their points total in 1993. That came back to bite them on the arse.