Rochdale...

Feck me...my post was in jest, but you've taken it right to heart by the sounds of it. You really must be a Dale fan. Ha ha.

well there's no secret in that amongst all the 'tics I know. I've followed 'dale as far south as Plymouth to as far north as Hartlepool over the years. I've spent all my life bar a 6 month period in Royton living in Rockerdale so i've always had and always will have a strong feeling towards 'dale.

Hometownclub and all that.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

After sitting there laughing at the appalling standard of Tuesday night, I don't know how you manage it with two clubs Rocky!

Me neither pal. I think that's it till August for me with regards to Latics.

Certainly drew the short straw. Especially when you throw England into the mix. :blush:

Oh well. :grin:

1 Brentford 38 23 70

2 Rochdale 39 17 64

3 Gillingham 39 3 64

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Wycombe 37 17 63

5 Bury 39 14 63

6 Exeter 38 10 61

7 Shrewsbury 39 16 59

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 Bradford 39 10 58

9 Chesterfield 37 8 55

-------

Brentford v Gillingham,

Bury v Bournemouth,

Chester v Bradford,

Chesterfield v Port Vale,

Rochdale v Exeter,

Wycombe v Shrewsbury,

3 very big games today.

well there's no secret in that amongst all the 'tics I know. I've followed 'dale as far south as Plymouth to as far north as Hartlepool over the years. I've spent all my life bar a 6 month period in Royton living in Rockerdale so i've always had and always will have a strong feeling towards 'dale.

Hometownclub and all that.

Support both Oldham AND Rochdale ? Some bad decsions there....but the worst decision of all must be moving from Royton BACK to Rochdale.... :grin:

Support both Oldham AND Rochdale ? Some bad decsions there....but the worst decision of all must be moving from Royton BACK to Rochdale.... :grin:

I blame Joe Royle for making us a good side when my dad decided to take me to Latics and also my uncle for dragging me to Rochdale when they really where absolute dog poo (it makes Latics performances currently look brazil-esque) - by the time I was old enough to know better, I was getting free tickets off one of my teachers at school and so kept going.

Pfft. I should of gone and supported that 'massive' club City like 95% of the area I grew up on. :angry:

Wasnt the best of games yesterday. Weather didnt help one bit. Dale had two of their main centre mid's missing - one through injury and one through suspension. It showed. Exeter didnt look a bad side and really suprised to see how many they'd brought up - about 400. Ref wasnt the best. The big blow for dale is Nicky Adams going back to Leicester. Though Rundle and Buckley are still probably the best set of wingers in league 2.

Dale need to start picking up a bit of form. 2 wins in their last 7 isnt good enough. Yet somehow they're still up there.

Bournemouth away next for dale. It's unreal how close that league is and it's even more unreal how many games there is between the top 7 still left this season. :shock:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Great win today. Especially with Exeter and Brentford drawing.

This is the game dale would of conceded in the other week. Hopefully a turn of forum and the start of a good run in the final games.

7 points clear of those just outside the playoffs. Shrewsbury away next up.

Brentford are starting to wobble a bit. They've got two home bankers and 3 fairly tricky away ties.

Luckily for 'dale. Exeter have to travel to the in form Rotherham on the last day of the season. Bury still have to go to Gillingham, though I think Bury's two home games will see them clinch one of the top 3 spots.

Good point with both Wycombe and Bury dropping points.

7 clear of the playoffs with a better goal difference. 3 points behind 2nd. Playoffs are secure now barring a freak set of results.

Dale have the early kick off on saturday live on sky. A win would see them go upto 2nd before the other teams kick off.

Unfortunately I think both bury and wycombe will win next week. Not sure about Exeter but I think the top 3 will be brentford, bury, wycombe come next saturday. Bury travel to Gillingham the following week.

• 2 weeks later...

Dale secured yet another playoff place.

Last game is Gillingham at home, who as it stands currently would be there opponents in the playoffs.

Both teams already secured their place - be interesting to see what sort of side both put out. What would you rather do - put a strong side out or rest a few. Hmmm.

Both League 2 first legs will be on Thursday May 7 at 7.45pm, with both second legs three days later on the Sunday.

Thursday Night trip to Gillingham. What a load of b*llocks that would be. That sunday game is down for a 6:30pm kick off. If dale are at home that day then that's going to be a very messy all day drinking session in town.

I just hope if dale do get to wembley again - they attempt to try and sell the tickets themselves. Rather than the farce of ticketmaster again with 20,000 dalians dotted about all over the place. Not confident though, unlike last season. Meh!

Think Bury will get the 3rd spot. Exeter will lose next week at Rotherham and will then hopefully crash and burn in the playoffs finishing with a dale v dagenham final.

Edited by Rocky_Latic