Cheltenham Festival Day One

Hello all, long time no post. Thought I'd start (unless I've missed something) a post on the greatest week of the year.

In the opener, the Supreme Novices, I can't get away from Cousin Vinny, I'm largely ignoring all the negative vibes about his travel over here (I vaguely recall something similar before the bumper last year). His hurdling isn't the best, but all things being equal, he should win. The main danger, Torphichen, has to overcome the bad record 4 year olds have in the race.

A poor looking Arkle trophy follows, and I really haven't a clue. Calgary Bay would probably be my pick, although would probably want further and at a big price, Planet of Sound could place.

I'm avoiding the William Hil Trophy and later the Cross Country.

In the big one, the Champion Hurdle, we've got another very short priced favourite in Binocular. He's too short really at 7/4, although the 2/1 this morning could look massive later on. I'm going for Osana. He impressed me in defeat to Celestial Halo at Sandown on his first run of the season and should hopefully be involved in the places.

Finally, I'm following the strong vibes for Quevega in the last. United could be a danger (not the only united I hope gets beat this week) but Quevega was pretty close to Hurricane Fly in the summer, which is probably the best form on show.

Best of luck if you're having a flutter.

Nice work with Medermit, rvw. For me, Planet of Sound gets the place in the Arkle.

And what an awesome ride by AP in the William Hill. Quite unbelievable.

Think Binocular will come in some now after that.