Cheltenham Festival - Day Two

A very tricky days racing and winner will be hard to come by as always, my thoughts for the day are:-

1-30)

A 4 mile Chase for Amateur riders, a real test of any horse's stamina and only strong stayers need to be considered here.

My fancy is Parsons Pistol Each Way at about 12/1 he stays and jumps well and has the assistance of Nina Carberry in the saddle. I take him to beat Forest Leaves who also should go well in this.

2-05) A very tricky race in which any number can be given a chance, my Each Way fancy at about 20/1 is Quwetwo, strictly on the ratings he has something to find with the principals in this but this is his first venture beyond 2 miles and this son of Karinga Bay may find the necessary improvement needed at this longer trip to run into a place at least.

2-40)

A 3 mile novice Chase, I fancy What a Friend in this, he is part owned by Taggert but I cannot let that put me off him, he ticks all the boxes for me and I think he will take all the beating.

4-00

The Coral Cup over 2 miles 5 furlongs an absolute minefield pouring over all the form in this and my selection Each Way at around 12/1 is Ambobo he has had an unsuccessful spell chasing but appears reasonably treated with 10-2 in this back over hurdles, I think he could certainly run into a place.

Thats my four for today, good luck to anyone having a bet.

Edited by Hometownclub

Morning HTC, missed you yesterday.

In the opener, I'm split between Can't Buy Time and Coe. I've slight preference for Can't Buy Time because connections clearly believe it to have the stamina (it has an entry for the National) and Jonjo O'Neill has a good record in this race. However, Coe has the stamina proved. Of the outsiders, Le Beau Bai could run a good race.

I'm very keen on the chances of Diamond Harry in the Ballymore Properties Novice Hurdle. It brings course and distance form, which day 1 shows is very important, which rates him a better chance than dangers Mikael D'haguenet, Karabak and Mad Max.

In the 2.40, the fact that Ruby Walsh chooses Cooldine over What a Friend, I think is significant. Having said that, I'm going for Carruthers. Think it's got every chance of reversing the form with What a Friend after an impressive win lto. Not one to get heavily involved with though.

The Queen Mother is clearly going to be won (barring any mishaps) by Master Minded. The question is, how do we approach it from a betting angle?

I'd love Well Chief to give Master Minded the most to do, and if it's anywhere near the horse that mixed it with Moscow Flyer, then it could well finish second. Also, I think Briareus is interesting @ 4s without Master Minded.

Master Minded to win by over 11 lengths is 5/4, which could be the way to go.

The Coral Cup is a pin the card race, as always. I'm going for Lough Derg to defy top weight. One thing is guaranteed, Lough Derg will fight all the way.

I'm leaving the 4.40.

In the bumper, I've been given Meath All Star @ 16s as a decent shot. We'll see.

Best of luck everyone.

Morning HTC, missed you yesterday.

Afternoon Jimi, to be honest I just forgot to post my selections yesterday.

I backed four and got one winner, Go Native so thankfully more than paid for the day.

Good luck for today, hope we have a few winners between us.

Edit

BTW I agree on Masterminded 13/8 to win by over 10L, could be a good bet.

Edited by Hometownclub

Well Master Minded wasn't as impressive as expected, but great comeback from Well Chief.

Lough Derg disappointed but has battled so hard so often, you can't complain. Especially after seeing his gorgeous stable girl, aye aye.

Just doing Meath All Star in the bumper to finish today, tomorrow it's all about two bankers.