Is there any point?

i know hes never fit, but on the few times he has he has been well down the pecking order, i dont see the point in paying him a wage (granted it will be a low wage) when his medical bills cost a lot more. Matty Wolfendan is another williams from united

i know hes never fit, but on the few times he has he has been well down the pecking order, i dont see the point in paying him a wage (granted it will be a low wage) when his medical bills cost a lot more. Matty Wolfendan is another williams from united

But he's one of the few players on the books who has scored in the play offs for Latics!

Guest sheridans_world
But he's one of the few players on the books who has scored in the play offs for Latics!

This is true, he scored three last season in 22 games, over the course of a full season that'd be 6.27 very valuable goals.

Give the kid another chance, if he scores the winner in the 91st minute for us in the last game of the season to secure 2nd place, you would want him out!!

Give the kid another chance, if he scores the winner in the 91st minute for us in the last game of the season to secure 2nd place, you would want him out!!

Bloody hell... this isnt going to happen on so many levels...

1. Wolfy playing, ever..

2. Wolfy Scoring, ever...

3. Latics Scoring, ever...

4. Latics winning, ever...

5. And for getting 2nd place... well...

Bye bye wolfy. Close the catflap on the way out.

Guest sheridans_world
Bloody hell... this isnt going to happen on so many levels...

1. Wolfy playing, ever..

2. Wolfy Scoring, ever...

3. Latics Scoring, ever...

4. Latics winning, ever...

5. And for getting 2nd place... well...

Bye bye wolfy. Close the catflap on the way out.

Wolfgate 2009?

This is true, he scored three last season in 22 games, over the course of a full season that'd be 6.27 very valuable goals.

Erm, you do realise that if Wolfy plays it means somebody else doesn't? :unsure: I hope I'm the victim of a :whoosh: here?

The 'kid' has had many chances, 22 last season apparently.

Many of his appearances were as substitute with 10 minutes left when he had little chance of rescuing a game we were losing.

He was often stuck on the left wing too.

That said, not good enough.

Get him out on loan when he's fit and move him on when his contract comes to an end.

Get him out on loan when he's fit and move him on when his contract comes to an end.

He should have been out on loan way before now to see if he could cut it playing regular 1st team football. Over the last 2 seasons he should have been at a high Blue Square Conf or Lower L2 side.

Fitness has put pay to that though as he's never bloody fit.

Waste of a wage this season - 1 sub appearance - injured the rest of the time. In all the cameo i've seen him play at 1st team level, added to the ressie games i've watched him in; i don't think he's got "it" and as such i don't see the point of him still being here.

His wage, albeit a small one, could be better used elsewhere........

He is a good player who has been very very unlucky with injuries, if he can stay fit and get a run playing first team football, not just 10 minutes here and there then he would continue to develop into a very good striker. I know a lot of people at the club rate him very highly and when my dad was in the board room for a game last season (or maybe even the season before) when Wolfenden playing he said Joe Royle had very good things to say about him. That said he needs to stay fit, if he manages to and gets the chance then i think he will do well, if not i hope he gets the chance elsewhere because he does have the potential to be decent player