new captain?

will greagan retain the captain's arm band or will we see a new captain?, i think that Kevin Maher will get it

Problem with stripping Greegs of the captaincy is like saying you have no future here which could continue a run of poor form . Like JR has said he wont be making sweeping changes and to be fair if I was going into battle Id rather have Greegs on my side,

My gut instinct is to leave the captaincy as it is. But Maher would make an excellent skipper.

Midfield is an interesting part of the game for Latics. I think Maher and Allott are two of the best players at the club. As is Taylor. Smalley is a great prospect with pace.

Yet it's also where we've lost a lot of matches too.

Is it time to sacrifice Allott, and play Maher with a new 'creative' force in midfield? Or do we stick with the pairing we have and see what Joe gets out of them?

Tough call.

Guest sheridans_world

I think we need to bring a midfielder in, especially if Lee/Stephens are not to Joe's liking.

Christ... still cant believe he is manager...

I think we need to bring a midfielder in, especially if Lee/Stephens are not to Joe's liking.

Christ... still cant believe he is manager...

I think the centre of midfield has let us down in recent games, Allott and Maher are good players but I dont know if they offer enough of an attacking threat.

My gut instinct is to leave the captaincy as it is. But Maher would make an excellent skipper.

Midfield is an interesting part of the game for Latics. I think Maher and Allott are two of the best players at the club. As is Taylor. Smalley is a great prospect with pace.

Yet it's also where we've lost a lot of matches too.

Is it time to sacrifice Allott, and play Maher with a new 'creative' force in midfield? Or do we stick with the pairing we have and see what Joe gets out of them?

Tough call.

I just have to disagree about Smalley - apart from his pace he does not have any real talent - cannot see him making it at any level other than the lower leagues. :disappointed: