Joe's new reign

Good post!

I would love it if the fans would "cut him the slack he will require and just shutup and back the guy", but I fear that there is too much impatience to get out of League One to do that.

There's too much impatience full stop.

I don't know what people were expecting. He inherited a squad with the worst collective attitude I've seen. Players who think they're too big, players who don't want to work and players who look for the easy option.

By the looks of things he's eyeing a clear-out, which is only good. People are talking about bringing in this new mood - that applies to bringing in a new core of players.

If we adopt that perspective though, it could be said about any manager we have had who haven't got us promoted. Like Dowie, "flirted with the playoffs", but I still think he moved us forward more than Ronnie and Talbot did, and i don't consider his years as wasted, neither as Sheridan's. Its football at the end of the day. I wouldn't call them wasted years just because we aren't in the Championship.

Compare our side to a good 10-13 years ago. We were looking over our shoulders constantly and our aim was to stay up. Now we are in a better place and developing an infrastructure with promotion in mind and not relegation.

The whole of the past decade-and-a-half consists of wasted years for the club, as every bit of progress made in the previous twenty-five years was gradually whittled away, transforming the club from one whose natural place in the game was alongside neighbours like Bolton, Blackburn, Preston and Burnley (regardless of what those clubs might have done back in the fourteenth century) into one which now takes its place alongside neighbours like Stockport, Bury and Rochdale, with no realistic chance of recovering lost ground. When it comes to the latter grouping of clubs, you could even say that we now have what might now be considered the worst stadium, if you consider the rate of deterioration and the lack of an entire stand. Even five years ago I'd never have believed that I could seriously say that. That is what failure to get out of this divsion has done to us.

Is there any concrete evidence that the club is 'developing an infrastructure with promotion in mind,' because as far as I can see you could almost say the opposite. (This is not to say that this was the case when TTA's plans were still on course.)

Edited by Corporal_Jones

The whole of the past decade-and-a-half consists of wasted years for the club, as every bit of progress made in the previous twenty-five years was gradually whittled away, transforming the club from one whose natural place in the game was alongside neighbours like Bolton, Blackburn, Preston and Burnley (regardless of what those clubs might have done back in the fourteenth century) into one which now takes its place alongside neighbours like Stockport, Bury and Rochdale, with no realistic chance of recovering lost ground. When it comes to the latter grouping of clubs, you could even say that we now have what might now be considered the worst stadium, if you consider the rate of deterioration and the lack of an entire stand. Even five years ago I'd never have believed that I could seriously say that. That is what failure to get out of this divsion has done to us.

Is there any concrete evidence that the club is 'developing an infrastructure with promotion in mind,' because as far as I can see you could almost say the opposite. (This is not to say that this was the case when TTA's plans were still on course.)

Spot on...

Been an awful journey...:(

I think the TTA will continue to do what they have been doing. Live within our means... Currently I see that fighting it out in mid table with less than a great sqaud... Until the market recovers and we build the stadium and more money starts coming in... Realistically that's a good 5 / 6 years off at the very least ?

On the more money issue... Never been clearly said just how much of those external business are going to fund the club... No doubt their will be debits and shareholders to appease before the club see any money...

Edited by oafc0000

Spot on...

Been an awful journey...:(

I think the TTA will continue to do what they have been doing. Live within our means... Currently I see that fighting it out in mid table with less than a great sqaud... Until the market recovers and we build the stadium and more money starts coming in... Realistically that's a good 5 / 6 years off at the very least ?

On the more money issue... Never been clearly said just how much of those external business are going to fund the club... No doubt their will be debits and shareholders to appease before the club see any money...

Where will we be at the end of six or seven years? In today's football, lost ground isn't easily recovered. Slip once too often and you're guaranteed to slip again...

At the best hovering around mid table in League One... At the worse League Two...

Anything outside of that is a bit day dreamy...

If so, yet more diehard supporters will give up the ghost and vote with their feet, and we know what the result of that will be. It's known as a downward spiral.

When it's twenty-odd quid a time for third division football, there's not that many who'll put up with unstated ambitions to do no more than tread water.

If so, yet more diehard supporters will give up the ghost and vote with their feet, and we know what the result of that will be. It's known as a downward spiral.

When it's twenty-odd quid a time for third division football, there's not that many who'll put up with unstated ambitions to do no more than tread water.

I agree...

The hard part now is...how do we change it ?

For me without a money man (or men) we wont be able to turn this around...

At the best hovering around mid table in League One... At the worse League Two...

Anything outside of that is a bit day dreamy...

Get rid of the Dead Wood Get the Young ones in Who actually want to play for us and who fight for positions..Go With a Fast Sqaud with a good Pree season training..And I bet were out this League in 2 seasons...keep signing the likes of ya Gregans, Liddels, Windasses and so on and I would agree with ya there..

It stuck out to me the only season where we have had urgency and a will to go forward was Dowies reign.

I look at our team and more often than not when i see the opposing side they look Quicker More Direct and Aware..Because they dont keep dead weight they go for a Youungish fast flowing team e.g teams like peterborough Wallsall Leeds :rant.sml::ktf: