Thinking caps on

Firstly, apologies for not knowing the answer. Secondly, apologies for hijacking your thread.

Thirdly, does anyone recall us playing a friendly in the late '80s against American side Seattle Sounders? I've been thinking about it a lot recently as I suspect it was my first ever game, but I can't find anything online; indeed, Wikipedia states that there have been three Seattle Sounders teams, but the first one disbanded in '83 and the second one wasn't formed until '94.

Was it all a figment of my imagination?!

Firstly, apologies for not knowing the answer. Secondly, apologies for hijacking your thread.

Thirdly, does anyone recall us playing a friendly in the late '80s against American side Seattle Sounders? I've been thinking about it a lot recently as I suspect it was my first ever game, but I can't find anything online; indeed, Wikipedia states that there have been three Seattle Sounders teams, but the first one disbanded in '83 and the second one wasn't formed until '94.

Was it all a figment of my imagination?!

The game vs Seattle was a Friday night pre-season game in August '88 at BP, they went under the guise of Seattle Storm that night and we won 3-0 with goals from Frankie Bunn, Mile Milligan and Willie Donachie.

Anyone on here went to the IOM in 1987?

Been trying to recall the details for a unofficial friendly we played (on the morning of the final) against Hibernian - they got their first look at Andy Goram) - where was it and what was the score?

The game was played on 1st August 1987, Hibs won 3-0 can't tell you where it was i'm afraid but it was in th IOM. It IS listed as an official friendly and is listed in the club records as such.

Edited by oafcprozac