physio's wearing latex gloves

why do i see lots of physios wearing latex gloves at the moment? i always thought it was in case they had to touch a wound, or stick their fingers down a throat, to keep any germs on the fingers away. but if theres a cut head in the 89th minute, them gloves have been on for almost two hours, and touched many surfaces?? im puzzled, do they have a special surface or something?

why do i see lots of physios wearing latex gloves at the moment? i always thought it was in case they had to touch a wound, or stick their fingers down a throat, to keep any germs on the fingers away. but if theres a cut head in the 89th minute, them gloves have been on for almost two hours, and touched many surfaces?? im puzzled, do they have a special surface or something?

I assume, it's so that if they thouch blood they don't get it on their skin... if they had a cut or small opening they could be infected by that blood. Best case the clap, worse case The Aids.

I assume, it's so that if they touch blood they don't get it on their skin... if they had a cut or small opening they could be infected by that blood. Best case the clap, worse case The Aids.

yep i reckon that's about it too!

'protect yourself' is the number one rule when giving first aid etc etc..