Happy St.George's Day

I go down Manchester Road to work, Diego. Can't say I noticed any flags about. Certainly not in the same mould as Royton see's every single April 23rd.

All the lamposts on Manchester Road at the junction with Chapel Rd are adorned with flags, and so is the full stretch of Chapel Rd...but they have long way to go before they can compete with Royton.

All the lamposts on Manchester Road at the junction with Chapel Rd are adorned with flags, and so is the full stretch of Chapel Rd...but they have long way to go before they can compete with Royton.

I drove along Chapel Road to Manchester Road last night and there were none. Then suddenly they appear overnight - they must use a hydraulic platform to fix them at that height under cover of darkness. Great effort! :England:

I drove along Chapel Road to Manchester Road last night and there were none. Then suddenly they appear overnight - they must use a hydraulic platform to fix them at that height under cover of darkness. Great effort! :England:

I have actually seen them in action a few years back....was about 1am....no fancy machinery...just a few patriotic blokes, a pair of steps and a broad pair of shoulders.

One of the guys who does it, or perhaps used to do it, in Royton, fell whilst putting the flags up last year and ended up in hospital.

They sometimes do the Broadway/A627M/Bypass roundabout too.

Even on St George’s Day you are taking a liberty claiming Christianity as an English invention :wink:

And Patrick was Roman stock rather than native British, and was born and raised in Scotland...

Didn’t say it was invented by the English, I meant it was the faith of the land that England now occupies, whereas prior to Paddy’s intervention, Ireland (Hibernia) was not. tongue1:

I only spent 2 mins researching where old paddy was from and it seemed a bit hazy but it mentioned but the interweb said that he was from the North of Britannia. Now as far as I can see, in those days of old, Brittain only went up to Hadrians Wall, with Caledonia (Scotland) being treated as separate as the Roman blokes didn’t get on well with the sweaty Picts. Though, as I said, it was only 2 mins so I could be wrong.

As for Patricks British/Roman credentials, yes I wouldn’t say he’s a native but we are comparing him to a middle eastern guy who probably never knew this Island existed.

Edited by jimsleftfoot