Latics Season Tickets now from only £233!*

Not read much about the latest ticket prices...however, what I do know is that our current failings within the club to promote us is not helping our local appeal.

1st of all, I was quite disillusioned at the fact the club didn't offer the last 4 home games, starting with Tranmere and Royle's 1st game, for £60 (or even maybe £50). The club have sorely lost out on money here...those who would have been there for the last 4 home games would be anyway...whereas on the back of all that euphoria back then with Joes return and still in the playoff hunt, we could've had money in the bank regardless of our dying swan act! Instead, we had a pisspoor attendance for Crewe and I dread to think what this one will be today!

So to the next real opportunity...

When I see adverts for other things, say like a flight abroad, I often see the word "from".....and also, I see the little * which states to me there are conditions...why don't we EVER use this in promoting ourselves. I've mentioned this in the past when you could get in the Lookers Paddock for £16 but most people walk about quoting us as £20 to come and watch us.

So please, please, please can the club now promote our club's season tickets under the heading "from £233!*" with the disclaimer that the price applies on a discount basis should 4,500 be sold. Coz if we do that...you never know what might happen...we might actually shift a few, even if we don't hit 4,500!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Not read much about the latest ticket prices...however, what I do know is that our current failings within the club to promote us is not helping our local appeal.

1st of all, I was quite disillusioned at the fact the club didn't offer the last 4 home games, starting with Tranmere and Royle's 1st game, for £60 (or even maybe £50). The club have sorely lost out on money here...those who would have been there for the last 4 home games would be anyway...whereas on the back of all that euphoria back then with Joes return and still in the playoff hunt, we could've had money in the bank regardless of our dying swan act! Instead, we had a pisspoor attendance for Crewe and I dread to think what this one will be today!

So to the next real opportunity...

When I see adverts for other things, say like a flight abroad, I often see the word "from".....and also, I see the little * which states to me there are conditions...why don't we EVER use this in promoting ourselves. I've mentioned this in the past when you could get in the Lookers Paddock for £16 but most people walk about quoting us as £20 to come and watch us.

So please, please, please can the club now promote our club's season tickets under the heading "from £233!*" with the disclaimer that the price applies on a discount basis should 4,500 be sold. Coz if we do that...you never know what might happen...we might actually shift a few, even if we don't hit 4,500!!!

Because it's illegal to do so. The * with T's & C's attached would be valid if there were at least some full price tickets being sold at this price.

Your idea is valid though....and along those lines, they should actually be plying the line *From £50....which isn't illegal!

Emailed the idea to Alan Hardy on the Sunday evening Joe was appointed.

Reply on Monday saying they would consider something similar for the final 3 games.

Failed to grasp the opportunity there.

Emailed the idea to Alan Hardy on the Sunday evening Joe was appointed.

Reply on Monday saying they would consider something similar for the final 3 games.

Failed to grasp the opportunity there.

Sales and Marketing in general doesn't seem to be a strong point at the Club, and considering it is run by three successful business men I find this quite remarkable.

I'd suggest they have an option for people to "buy" a ticket at the discount price, subject to a slightly higher price, but that can be refunded if we don't hit 4500.

I reckon (?) that most of the hardcore would renew anyway, so we'd have around 3000 full price tickets sold.

To get the other 1500 let them pay £15 extra; £253 (£11 per game) for the RRE rather than £238. If we hit 4500 they get a season ticket, if we don't they can either have the money back or get a 16 game ticket book (£15.81 a game, maybe make it 17 games- £14.88 a game?) as an alternative option. This way those who'd have one for £250ish can go for it with less risk.

Promote the Boundary Blues £50 u/16 tickets massively too as a family package:- Under £15 for an adult and 2 kids!

Under 5? Free. Simples.

Liking this idea.... but it should be under 6's...

I only say six because kids would have had a year a school to talk about Latics and get others in their class to come, as a rule kids start scholl around there 5th birthday :unsure:

The £50 Boundary Blues ST should also be SHOUTED from the roof tops, great way for kids to come in cheap with an added knock on effect that an adult would have to buy a ST .

I only say six because kids would have had a year a school to talk about Latics and get others in their class to come, as a rule kids start scholl around there 5th birthday :unsure:

:lol:

That's why I said 5 - I though that was when kids start school. Eitherway the point remains.

Give schools 30 kids tickets and however many adults are requird by H&S. Kid goes, likes it, goes home "DAD!! I want to see Oldham and it's FREE!!"

Job Done.

Applaud the club for trying something different but can't help thinking they've missed a trick.

£70 off if we get 4,500? We're relying on 1,000 more people than this season to come and stump up their hard earned. Forgive me but after watching the absolute dross on show this season at BP (up there with one of the worst home seasons in my lifetime) do we honestly expect more, let alone 1,000, to come and pledge their loyalty through their wallets?

No.

But, a similar principle, £70 off next seasons Championship season ticket if we win promotion. At least it sends a message out that we're going for it. Cos at the moment the signs are anything but positive on the PR front (who knows, inside the club it could be all rosey) and that's why I doubt we'll get 1,000 extra paying in advance.

The result is twofold. Everyone's a winner cos there's money off a better level of footy and on the other side the club don't hand over cash, they secure our support for another season at a discounted rate. If we don't go up they don't pay up, regardless of how many extras they pull in.

The point isn't if we go up or not (who honestly believes we will) but the only way to get more punters through the door (especially after the shambolic season we've had) is to almost 'promise' success on the pitch. Football is the only way to get them in.

So behind the scenes the club carries on with whatever agenda they have (promotion, safety, mid table, cut cloth, whatever); but the signs coming from it are all geared for promotion. "This time", "Our season", "We're putting our money where our mouth is", etc etc and tug on the heart strings. Billboards of Joe then and Joe now, back for more. Redders penalty. Mishy Marshall at Ipswich. Earl the Pearl lifting the Championship.

Yeah we're all left with egg on our faces if we get relegated but they tried. I just think it's better PR and a better spin rather than just relying on 1,000 lapsed fans to return off their own backs.

"I don't go to BP anymore, I went for Joe's first game and we were s***e. There's a chance of me getting £70 back at the end of the season if I buy a season ticket? I think I'll stick with keeping £300 in my pocket thanks very much, no risk attached."

At this moment in time, with this current offer, there's fans who will buy them, regardless. There's fans who will be 50/50 right to the wire. And there are fans who will pick and choose their games. I just can't help feeling that floating fans will not buy this as an incentive to change their ways.

Droves are losing the faith so it's time for balls out.

"We think we'll succeed! Back us for promotion and get rewarded if we're right."

E4e

FOOTY

Applaud the club for trying something different but can't help thinking they've missed a trick.

£70 off if we get 4,500? We're relying on 1,000 more people than this season to come and stump up their hard earned. Forgive me but after watching the absolute dross on show this season at BP (up there with one of the worst home seasons in my lifetime) do we honestly expect more, let alone 1,000, to come and pledge their loyalty through their wallets?

No.

But, a similar principle, £70 off next seasons Championship season ticket if we win promotion. At least it sends a message out that we're going for it. Cos at the moment the signs are anything but positive on the PR front (who knows, inside the club it could be all rosey) and that's why I doubt we'll get 1,000 extra paying in advance.

The result is twofold. Everyone's a winner cos there's money off a better level of footy and on the other side the club don't hand over cash, they secure our support for another season at a discounted rate. If we don't go up they don't pay up, regardless of how many extras they pull in.

The point isn't if we go up or not (who honestly believes we will) but the only way to get more punters through the door (especially after the shambolic season we've had) is to almost 'promise' success on the pitch. Football is the only way to get them in.

So behind the scenes the club carries on with whatever agenda they have (promotion, safety, mid table, cut cloth, whatever); but the signs coming from it are all geared for promotion. "This time", "Our season", "We're putting our money where our mouth is", etc etc and tug on the heart strings. Billboards of Joe then and Joe now, back for more. Redders penalty. Mishy Marshall at Ipswich. Earl the Pearl lifting the Championship.

Yeah we're all left with egg on our faces if we get relegated but they tried. I just think it's better PR and a better spin rather than just relying on 1,000 lapsed fans to return off their own backs.

"I don't go to BP anymore, I went for Joe's first game and we were s***e. There's a chance of me getting £70 back at the end of the season if I buy a season ticket? I think I'll stick with keeping £300 in my pocket thanks very much, no risk attached."

At this moment in time, with this current offer, there's fans who will buy them, regardless. There's fans who will be 50/50 right to the wire. And there are fans who will pick and choose their games. I just can't help feeling that floating fans will not buy this as an incentive to change their ways.

Droves are losing the faith so it's time for balls out.

"We think we'll succeed! Back us for promotion and get rewarded if we're right."

E4e

FOOTY

you have to be innit to se em winnit nik...go on son get yer arse down there and get a ticket...you'l only regret it when we piss the league next season..

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: