Fan Support - Go Mental

I couldn't disagree more.

The fact of the matter is, I reckon the majority of the fans under the age of 45 like to have a sing and get behind the team at the games. Generally speaking, the more mature of this age group rely on the younger lads to start the songs off, come up with imaginative/witty chants etc. The trouble is, the current "singing section" next to the away fans at home games has been hijacked by a number of jumped up 13/14 year olds who love the fact that they can give fully grown away fans as much grief as they want on the basis they are protected by the gap in between. (real tough that lads)

It appears to me that other than "Sheridans Blue and White army" and the recently re released and equally imaginative "Big Fat Joe's Blue and White army" the songs favoured by this area are anti Man U, "Have you ever seen your d**k" and your support is "f**kin sh**e", not to mention the Ronnie Moore and Fergie songs, hardly little ditty's which are going to 1, inspire the team 2, encourage participation from the rest of the crowd

When they are bored with that then its the old steward baiting game of carrying on standing when not singing and even when the action is stopped. On this subject, to the girl behind the goal on Saturday telling the steward to f off, go and tell them to sit down pointing at the away fans, your Mother must be so proud of you.

The thing is, years ago when I was their age, I was probably the same. Difference was it was in the early 80's when you had to back up your taunts after the game. I'm sure if that was the case today, then we'd find quite a few of the "crew" might have their noses in the psp's and ds's.

I'm not saying they don't want to sing (away days can be fun, however Brighton wasn't too jolly this year for 90mins), I'm saying they don't want the continental ultra singing - it's not part of our culture. We posted something similar about two years ago to generate interest and it got the same response that I gave, and to my knowledge nothing has changed (apart from losing about 1000 fans!) that would influence me to say anything else. I agree with you about the kids, but isn't that something that's driven by culture again? And the drum? How that hasn't found itself inserted into the keeper of the instrument is beyond me...