Norwich confirmed

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The moment at which the long slow destruction of English professional football began.

This thread has nothing to do with D&G Corporal, so don't hijack the post with your monotone repeating theme. It is a football post relating to Norwich City's confirmed relegation and a deabte as to whether or not Luton Town ever graced the premier league.

By the way, relegation and promotion are part and parcel of our pyramid system would you believe. You might care to know that every season a number of teams (in our league 3) are promoted and a further number of teams (in our league 4) are relegated. It happens every season and that is the challenge that faces the 92 professional teams in the top 4 divisions of the pyramid, together with the hundreds of other professional, semi professional and amateur teams the length and breadth of the country.

Over the years, many teams have been relegated through all of the leagues and then unbelievably promoted up through all the same leagues. The most notable recent one being Wolverhamton Wanderers otherwise known at Wolves. You may also wish to know that 1 team, Northampton Town hold the dubious crown of being promoted in 3 successive seasons from Division 4 (know known as League 2) to Division 1 (know known as the Premiership) and then relegated back to division 4 via successive relagations over the next 3 seasons.

It's what makes the sport interesting. :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

Third top scorers.....fourth bottom! Shame we didn't grab 5 more - that would have made some stat.

I cannae remember who, but I seem to remember someone who posted up a chart of where we were if the games had finished at half time, and we were right up there. Which means precisely nothing of course, but it interested me anyway.

This thread has nothing to do with D&G Corporal, so don't hijack the post with your monotone repeating theme. It is a football post relating to Norwich City's confirmed relegation and a deabte as to whether or not Luton Town ever graced the premier league.

By the way, relegation and promotion are part and parcel of our pyramid system would you believe. You might care to know that every season a number of teams (in our league 3) are promoted and a further number of teams (in our league 4) are relegated. It happens every season and that is the challenge that faces the 92 professional teams in the top 4 divisions of the pyramid, together with the hundreds of other professional, semi professional and amateur teams the length and breadth of the country.

Over the years, many teams have been relegated through all of the leagues and then unbelievably promoted up through all the same leagues. The most notable recent one being Wolverhamton Wanderers otherwise known at Wolves. You may also wish to know that 1 team, Northampton Town hold the dubious crown of being promoted in 3 successive seasons from Division 4 (know known as League 2) to Division 1 (know known as the Premiership) and then relegated back to division 4 via successive relagations over the next 3 seasons.

It's what makes the sport interesting. :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

Nobody ever 'hijacks' threads with baseless optimism then, Mr Righteous? Why the whining when you can ever any number of your Mickey Mouse discussions on the 95% of threads on here I never participate in?

The fact that the likes of Luton and, quite possibly Norwich too, will never regain top flight status (or, perhaps, even recover recently lost ground) has everything to do with the formation of the PL. So, too, does the destruction of genuine competition within the PL and the impoverishment of the lower leagues by cutting them out of the bonanza of greed-which will result in the drawn out death of clubs like ours as full-time professional football clubs.

Contrary to your supercilious remarks about promotion and relegation, what once made the game interesting-the fact that the likes of Forest could come straight out of the second division, win the championship the next and go on to win the European Cup in successive seasons, or the fact that OAFC could reach the top flight and major cup finals is what made the game interesting. These things are no longer possible thanks to the formation of the PL and the rip-off Champions League.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

You couldn't imagine the extent of the psychological damage inflicted on me by creepy posting a yawning smilie after everything I write.

The reason why i am only putting the yawns is because i think you are a wind up merchant and i wont bite, either that or you are a manic depressant.

Having said that, i will say this and i think im speaking for quiet a few people on here

People are sick to death of YOU going on about the same thing constantly, but now it has come to a point were YOU have started hijacking other threads to bark on about the same thing constantly. Now i agree with a lot about what you say ie the state of the club, groung redevelopment, were are we going to be in 15 years etc but there is good things about this club aswell as bad.

This thread you have hijacked here is about Norwich and travelling next season so why come out with your crap on here?

I havent checked but i dont think you have commented on Ryan Brookes goal on the Walsall goals thread - you know a 17 year old scoring on his debut, thats a good thing isnt it? Its not all bad and you need to give your head a shake CJ.

If all you want to do is moan then why dont you have your own personal thread, were if anyone is feeling a bit peed off they can come and have a chat to you.

ps as i said i agree with a lot that you say but harping on about it constantly makes you look a bit foolish when there is good things happening

The reason why i am only putting the yawns is because i think you are a wind up merchant and i wont bite, either that or you are a manic depressant.

Having said that, i will say this and i think im speaking for quiet a few people on here

People are sick to death of YOU going on about the same thing constantly, but now it has come to a point were YOU have started hijacking other threads to bark on about the same thing constantly. Now i agree with a lot about what you say ie the state of the club, groung redevelopment, were are we going to be in 15 years etc but there is good things about this club aswell as bad.

This thread you have hijacked here is about Norwich and travelling next season so why come out with your crap on here?

I havent checked but i dont think you have commented on Ryan Brookes goal on the Walsall goals thread - you know a 17 year old scoring on his debut, thats a good thing isnt it? Its not all bad and you need to give your head a shake CJ.

If all you want to do is moan then why dont you have your own personal thread, were if anyone is feeling a bit peed off they can come and have a chat to you.

ps as i said i agree with a lot that you say but harping on about it constantly makes you look a bit foolish when there is good things happening

Manic depressant. It just gets better.

How many times do you want me to explain that I don't care one little bit what 'people' are sick of, that they can choose to ignore my posts should they wish, and that I never participate in about 95% of threads on here?

I posted one brief remark on the Norwich thread (not even Latics related) before Little Father came on and accused me of 'hijacking it with doom and gloom'-now resulting in some of the proles rushing in to back him up. As I said to him, does anybody ever 'hijack' threads with baseless optimism?

Since when was it a rule of this forum that only praising minor (and prompted) events qualifies somebody to comment on other issues?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Manic depressant. It just gets better.

How many times do you want me to explain that I don't care one little bit what 'people' are sick of, that they can choose to ignore my posts should they choose, and that I never participate in about 95% of threads on here?

I posted one brief remark on the Norwich thread (not even Latics related) before Little Father came on and accused me of 'hijacking it with doom and gloom'-now resulting in some of the proles rushing in to back him up. As I said to him, does anybody ever 'hijack' threads with baseless optimism?

Since when was it a rule of this forum that only praising minor (and prompted) events qualifies somebody to comment on other issues?

Prole? :laught16:

You have posted another '15 years ago' remark on the Bury Rochdale thread aswell if you care to look.

Ryan Brookes goal - what do you think CJ? could be a good un eh?

Dave Penney - what do you think CJ? good lower league manager eh?

Big Joe getting rid of the crap - what do you think CJ? can only be good eh?

Next years budget only slightly down on this years - what do you think CJ can only be good eh?

My point AGAIN is that good things happen aswell

But its just all doom and gloom in your head isnt it

Prole? :laught16:

You have posted another '15 years ago' remark on the Bury Rochdale thread aswell if you care to look.

Ryan Brookes goal - what do you think CJ? could be a good un eh?

Dave Penney - what do you think CJ? good lower league manager eh?

Big Joe getting rid of the crap - what do you think CJ? can only be good eh?

Next years budget only slightly down on this years - what do you think CJ can only be good eh?

My point AGAIN is that good things happen aswell

But its just all doom and gloom in your head isnt it

Gosh - not only yawning smilies but rolling-with-laughter ones too. What else do the proles have in their armoury, Little Father?

Plenty of people commenting on the things you bring up. I'm interested in everybody's view, but when it comes to commenting myself I'm mostly interested in the bigger picture (which is, I'm sorry to say, bleaker than most people seem prepared to admit.)

Why is it a problem for you that it might be 'all just doom and gloom in my head?'

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Gosh - not only yawning smilies but rolling-with-laughter ones too. What else do the proles have in their armoury, Little Father?

Plenty of people commenting on the things you bring up. I'm interested in everybody's view, but when it comes to commenting myself I'm mostly interested in the bigger picture (which is, I'm sorry to say, bleaker than most people seem prepared to admit.)

Why is it a problem for you that it might be 'all just doom and gloom in my head?'

Now please enlighten me on the proles and little father comments cos i dont get it.

Its certainly not my problem fella your doom and gloom!!

its your doom and gloom comments on other threads as well as your own which is the problem isnt it

Now please enlighten me on the proles and little father comments cos i dont get it.

Its certainly not my problem fella your doom and gloom!!

its your doom and gloom comments on other threads as well as your own which is the problem isnt it

Why does it not surprise me that you don't get it?

You're right-my supposed state of mind isn't your problem. Why not move on then? Or not-it's all the same to me.

I have no threads of my own, if that's what your last sentence is supposed to be suggesting. As I keep having to reiterate, I never participate in 95% of threads on these boards, if not more. Nor is any of this a problem. At least if this is what you term a problem you're not doing all that badly, are you?

groan...

the irony of you 2 going on that its been completely hijacked now.

creepy..don't bite.

pair of you get a room.

anyway,norwich city next season..

absolutely chuffed we visit there next season..spent many a crazy night out there back in the 80's and can't wait to visit again.lived in the area for 3 years and loved every minute of it.

they'll be the leicester city of this season i'd think so though.

the valley will be a new ground for me as will exeter.

all aboard the skylark!

Why does it not surprise me that you don't get it?

You're right-my supposed state of mind isn't your problem. Why not move on then? Or not-it's all the same to me.

I have no threads of my own, if that's what your last sentence is supposed to be suggesting. As I keep having to reiterate, I never participate in 95% of threads on these boards, if not more. Nor is any of this a problem. At least if this is what you term a problem you're not doing all that badly, are you?

You are very good at answering a question - with a question, i think you would make a good MP.

No what i meant is you have started a doom and gloom thread about Joes comments, which is obviously fine its the Norwich, Bury/Rochdale threads that you have tried turning into another doom and gloom thread. It gets very very boring.

If following latics has made you like this then its time to give it up if you want my advice!

round and round in circles eh

groan...

creepy..don't bite.

pair of you get a room.

absolutely chuffed we visit there next season..spent many a crazy night out there back in the 80's and can't wait to visit again.lived in the area for 3 years and loved every minute of it.

all aboard the skylark!

Whats the night life like? Definately a stop over. but watch it be on a Tuesday! :grin:

You are very good at answering a question - with a question, i think you would make a good MP.

No what i meant is you have started a doom and gloom thread about Joes comments, which is obviously fine its the Norwich, Bury/Rochdale threads that you have tried turning into another doom and gloom thread. It gets very very boring.

If following latics has made you like this then its time to give it up if you want my advice!

round and round in circles eh

The only one leading anything round in circles is yourself, son. That's what's boring.

For the nth time-I haven't tried to turn anything into 'a doom and gloom thread', but have made brief comments on a couple of others which people are free to take up or not.

Following Latics might have made me into something, but you ought to be able to recognise that posts on a messageboard are simply expressions of opinion on a given subject, reflecting probably only a small part of the poster's character. Amazing how many people seem unable to accept this, and in the absence of a decent couter-argument begin writing about their opinion of what a dastardly fellow they perceive the poster to be.

Now-isn't it time you went and got yourself a life?

groan...

creepy..don't bite.

pair of you get a room.

all aboard the skylark!

The way it works is that anybody is free to step in and bring the thread back on course-on which it will stay if there is enough enthusiasm for the subject on the part of others.

Creepy don't bite? I'll remind you yet again that I make one passing comment in this thread and, as in others, I get the thought police treatment.

Whats the night life like? Definately a stop over. but watch it be on a Tuesday! :grin:

well,i was there from 1985,so things may have changed for better or worse..

great little villages on the outskirts with excellent traditional pubs and beer.

norwich city itself was cracking..there was a nurses college there,so we had plenty of.."stopovers" B)

but that was 20 year ago when last there,so i'm hoping the feeling is still there-very friendly and laid back feel.

The only one leading anything round in circles is yourself, son. That's what's boring.

For the nth time-I haven't tried to turn anything into 'a doom and gloom thread', but have made brief comments on a couple of others which people are free to take up or not.

Following Latics might have made me into something, but you ought to be able to recognise that posts on a messageboard are simply expressions of opinion on a given subject, reflecting probably only a small part of the poster's character. Amazing how many people seem unable to accept this, and in the absence of a decent couter-argument begin writing about their opinion of what a dastardly fellow they perceive the poster to be.

Now-isn't it time you went and got yourself a life?

round and round eh

well,i was there from 1985,so things may have changed for better or worse..

great little villages on the outskirts with excellent traditional pubs and beer.

norwich city itself was cracking..there was a nurses college there,so we had plenty of.."stopovers" B)

but that was 20 year ago when last there,so i'm hoping the feeling is still there-very friendly and laid back feel.

Nurses college yeh! It might be 2 nighter then! :grin: