I thought Stockport was to have their 10 points deducted next season, looking at the table they've already been docked. Is this correct?

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal...ble/default.stm

Yes, after much confusion amongst the press after they went into admin.

The impression I get is that the ten points is only carried over if you would be relegated regardless of the deduction, i.e. to stop the Leeds 06/07 situation happening again. Hence Southampton had to take the hit because they were down anyway, but if they had finished outside the bottom three on merit, they would have had them deducted this season.

They technically could have gone down because of the deduction (i think they had to lose 15-0 or Carlisle had to win 15-0, something like that) so in theory it did affect them this season.

Stockport were very cute in the timing of their annoucement then weren't they.

That would be one interpretation, and the thought definitely crossed my mind.

The announcements by the club suggest that this isn't the case and the administration was forced on them by a creditor.

Reading between the lines, the creditor is apparently linked to a potential purchaser of the club, who will know that it is cheaper to buy a business in administration than one trading normally.

So the potential purchaser may end up getting the club on the cheap.

Whatever the outcome of that, the 15 point deduction for failing to agree a CVA, which appears to be just about impossible since Mr Bates took the pi$$ out of the taxman, will doubtless hit them next season.

My thoughts on the subject?

Fon Williams - decent keeper

Rose - very good left back who Latics could certainly benefit from

Rowe - with him and Taylor out wide I'd expect a big increase in successful crosses

Time to exploit these opportunities.

That would be one interpretation, and the thought definitely crossed my mind.

The announcements by the club suggest that this isn't the case and the administration was forced on them by a creditor.

Reading between the lines, the creditor is apparently linked to a potential purchaser of the club, who will know that it is cheaper to buy a business in administration than one trading normally.

So the potential purchaser may end up getting the club on the cheap.

Whatever the outcome of that, the 15 point deduction for failing to agree a CVA, which appears to be just about impossible since Mr Bates took the pi$$ out of the taxman, will doubtless hit them next season.

My thoughts on the subject?

Fon Williams - decent keeper

Rose - very good left back who Latics could certainly benefit from

Rowe - with him and Taylor out wide I'd expect a big increase in successful crosses

Time to exploit these opportunities.

Is this stockports first time in admin within past 10 yrs?

If not then may be more than 15 if they dont agree a CVA