Tears of a clown

No, tears of a man with a undying passion for a club who made him!!

Big Joe is big enough to know that he'll never get back the halcyon days of the past. He knows that history will never repeat hitself and that he'd rather leave with the great memories than ruin his iconic status.

Good luck big man, you've made history and put a little northern mill town on the map, time for another to try and replicate your achievements!!

Bring on Dave Penney...............................

..............i'm sure this is a great appointment by the board, young, tried, tested and ambitious manager who could take this club to the next level.

He's got a game plan, know's which formation he want's to play and know's which players he needs to bring in. Pretty sure he'll bring in his own players and won't think twice about moving out the lad's who don't fit his style.

Can see him bringing in a new keeper, new left back, he'll keep Gregan and bring in another centre half.

I think he'll bring in a ball winning midfielder alongside a fit Kieran Lee ( hope so or my daughter will have to foot half of the mortgage) Taylor and Smalley would fit the ball as wide players.

Up front i think we'll have two new strikers although i think young Brooke will play some part.

All in all, it will be a dificult season for us, play offs at best.

Since when has 44 been young?!

It's all relative, but given that players thesedays retire at 35 or a little later, 44 is less than a decade after stopping playing. In Royle's day players hung up their boots at 30 or a little older, so the managerial career often started at a younger age.

It's all relative, but given that players thesedays retire at 35 or a little later, 44 is less than a decade after stopping playing. In Royle's day players hung up their boots at 30 or a little older, so the managerial career often started at a younger age.

I was suprised that Joe is only 60, when you consider the amount of time he spent with us and then going on to several dubious clubs. He really was a young manager who learnt the job with us.

I was suprised that Joe is only 60, when you consider the amount of time he spent with us and then going on to several dubious clubs. He really was a young manager who learnt the job with us.

It was years of hard work for Joe before the success came.

Perhaps Penney's hard work elsewhere can turn in to our success.

It was years of hard work for Joe before the success came.

Perhaps Penney's hard work elsewhere can turn in to our success.

Indeed. And likewise Shez will hopefully go on to achieve great things as a manager. He produced some great teams at times with us, but didn't learn that the balance meant a little less freedom for the players in favour of grinding out results.

No, it means I have 10 years and then I'll still be young!

Didn't see you on Saturday Sav, did your grandkids take you down to a park to feed the ducks instead of going to the game?

I spotted Sav. Swaying at the far side he was.

No, it means I have 10 years and then I'll still be young!

Didn't see you on Saturday Sav, did your grandkids take you down to a park to feed the ducks instead of going to the game?

I was there,i have an aversion to anything Michael Jackson :unsure: