2004 Fans Fixture on YouTube

Hi all, I have shortened down the DVD from the 2004 Fans Fixture into a highlights video on YouTube!

Anyone on here play? I was the number 4, centre mid for the blues, Dave Mathieson.

This has got me thinking, this was much better than the Fans v Staff fixture. Everything about this was perfect. No subs meant you played 90 mins, DVD release with commentary, pie supper in the Players Lounge, names read out on the tannoy of the line-ups and scorers. I would have played in the staff matches since, but the idea I could play £200+ and get subbed off wasn't appealing! And basically it was always going to end in a big defeat for the fans.

After this years cancellation of the staff match, does anyone think it would be better to do it this way again? Anyone have any contacts to make it happen? They could do it with the original format, but instead of bidding for numbers, you could bid for a position and choose your number. Maybe a bid for 2 keepers, 2 right backs, 4 centre backs etc, so that the highest bidder wins. Highest bidders play home, next play away. For example in 2004, a striker for the home team paid £300, but away £200, and there might have been a bidder for £240 for the home team that missed out, losing the club money!

Here is the match report too!

Fans Fixture 2004 Match Report

Home team managed by Sean Jarvis, Away team by Gordon Lawton. Final score, Home 6-4 Away. 10th May 2004. Commentary by Dan Shaw. Cameras, production & artwork by Tom Llewellyn. www.tomllewellyn.com

Alan and Stu both read these topics so im sure that the fact you have mentioned it will go some way to it getting sorted.

Ive got to admit, although i loved the fact i got to play for the fans team alongside my heros, i still preferred it when i played in the fans v fans game. I played in the 2005 one though not the one you played in.

Hi all, I have shortened down the DVD from the 2004 Fans Fixture into a highlights video on YouTube!

Anyone on here play? I was the number 4, centre mid for the blues, Dave Mathieson.

This has got me thinking, this was much better than the Fans v Staff fixture. Everything about this was perfect. No subs meant you played 90 mins, DVD release with commentary, pie supper in the Players Lounge, names read out on the tannoy of the line-ups and scorers. I would have played in the staff matches since, but the idea I could play £200+ and get subbed off wasn't appealing! And basically it was always going to end in a big defeat for the fans.

After this years cancellation of the staff match, does anyone think it would be better to do it this way again? Anyone have any contacts to make it happen? They could do it with the original format, but instead of bidding for numbers, you could bid for a position and choose your number. Maybe a bid for 2 keepers, 2 right backs, 4 centre backs etc, so that the highest bidder wins. Highest bidders play home, next play away. For example in 2004, a striker for the home team paid £300, but away £200, and there might have been a bidder for £240 for the home team that missed out, losing the club money!

Here is the match report too!

Fans Fixture 2004 Match Report

Home team managed by Sean Jarvis, Away team by Gordon Lawton. Final score, Home 6-4 Away. 10th May 2004. Commentary by Dan Shaw. Cameras, production & artwork by Tom Llewellyn. www.tomllewellyn.com

do you have 2004/5...?

"Timed his run to perfection?"

what a load of crap. You were well off J@cko.

Rob - Some terrible goalkeeping and what was that defending about? :lol:

hey dude i was a yard quicker then lol...thanks for the memories Dave...awesome!