Elliot Bennett Bury/Wolves FTAO BP1960

Watched both games last night simultaneously, this lad stood out like a sore thumb, wide midfielder Elliot Bennett, good touch, quick and full of running, popped up on either flank and forced the mistake for the goal. See he's on loan from Wolves, one to keep an eye on.

Thought Ben Futcher was a colossus for Bury and now he's filled out, he looks very influential winning everything in the air.

As for Dale I thought Buckley was disappointing, looks very lightweight and little end product. I thought the young lad who came on up front has something - Joe Thompson, quick, strong and a bit of height about him and the ability to link up well.

Watched both games last night simultaneously, this lad stood out like a sore thumb, wide midfielder Elliot Bennett, good touch, quick and full of running, popped up on either flank and forced the mistake for the goal. See he's on loan from Wolves, one to keep an eye on.

Thought Ben Futcher was a colossus for Bury and now he's filled out, he looks very influential winning everything in the air.

As for Dale I thought Buckley was disappointing, looks very lightweight and little end product. I thought the young lad who came on up front has something - Joe Thompson, quick, strong and a bit of height about him and the ability to link up well.

was just going to start a thread on this lad, looked decent quick with a good touch

was just going to start a thread on this lad, looked decent quick with a good touch

Thought he looked ok too!

Also, Tom Kennedy from 'Dale at Left Back looked nice & solid. I think if 'Dale fail to go up we could do a lot worse at LB.

Wasn't impressed with Buckley or Rundle last night - obviously it's only one game & they have both been getting some decent reviews over the season but on last nights shoing L2 looks their level at the moment.

Edit: Sausage Fingers!!

Edited by slystallone

Bejesus.

If we signed Joe Thompson i'd probably cry. The lad is useless. Gets the ball and runs out of play more often than not. Struggles to beat a man and has only had a handful of half decent games this season. Aldershot away being the main one. He hugs the touchline. Cant tackle. Cant pass and in the words of every dale fan around me last night when he came on 'what on earth does he bring to the team.'

Buckley was man marked out of the game last night. He hold's the ball up well but he was asked to beat the 3/4 players within 5 yards of him everytime he got the ball.

As for Elliot Bennett. He's been good whenever i've seen him

Bejesus.

If we signed Joe Thompson i'd probably cry. The lad is useless. Gets the ball and runs out of play more often than not. Struggles to beat a man and has only had a handful of half decent games this season. Aldershot away being the main one. He hugs the touchline. Cant tackle. Cant pass and in the words of every dale fan around me last night when he came on 'what on earth does he bring to the team.'

Buckley was man marked out of the game last night. He hold's the ball up well but he was asked to beat the 3/4 players within 5 yards of him everytime he got the ball.

As for Elliot Bennett. He's been good whenever i've seen him

You've obviously seen Dale a lot more than me Rocky but they only looked a threat once Dagnall and Thompson came on, they looked like they had a good understanding and linked up well.

I haven't seen enough of Bennett to make a full assessment, but I can endorse the comments on him so far.

Latics should have hung onto Futcher longer, with teenagers his height I find they usually need more time to develop.

I haven't seen enough of Bennett to make a full assessment, but I can endorse the comments on him so far.

Latics should have hung onto Futcher longer, with teenagers his height I find they usually need more time to develop.

Yeah, thought he was supern last night and has made a good career for himself. Another released by the the Wadsworth fookwit along with players like Scott McNiven and Paul Rickers who both played well over 200 games for the club, both steady Eddies who put the effort in for the club. That's when the team began to lose it's identity in favour of two year mercenaries. The turn over in players since the beginning of the Moore era is frightening.