Seven released by Royle's former club

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...own/8040140.stm

Ivan Campo, Tommy Miller, Billy Clarke, Dean Bowditch, Chris Casement, Jai Reason and Kurt Robinson have all been released by manager Roy Keane.

I suspect Miller might stay in the Championship, but he might be worth a cheeky approach. Obviously we've been tenuously linked with Clarke. I'm sure Bowditch was regarded as a prospect a couple of seasons ago, too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...own/8040140.stm

I suspect Miller might stay in the Championship, but he might be worth a cheeky approach. Obviously we've been tenuously linked with Clarke. I'm sure Bowditch was regarded as a prospect a couple of seasons ago, too.

Casement is a N.I U21 international; been on loan to L2 sides & done well. Someone from our division will take him; we could do a lot worse......CB or LB, threat from set pieces, ok on the ball for a CB. I'd have him in for a trial at the least.

Incidentally I think we'll not win on the race to sign Clarke; have a feeling he'll sign on with Brentford considering they're in our league now & the fact he’s had a very successful recent loan there / knows the manager & players / fans like him etc etc.

Campo could be entertaining!!!!!

So many players are being made available this summer – read somewhere; not sure where, that something like 1000+ players will be out of contract / free agents; from the Prem down to Conference. These are obviously a real mix of older players, fringe 1st teams, youngsters, contract disputes et all. We will surely be able to glean from a number that large 6-8 really useful additions to our side; even with the much talked about reduced budget……surely??

Casement is a N.I U21 international; been on loan to L2 sides & done well. Someone from our division will take him; we could do a lot worse......CB or LB, threat from set pieces, ok on the ball for a CB. I'd have him in for a trial at the least.

Incidentally I think we'll not win on the race to sign Clarke; have a feeling he'll sign on with Brentford considering they're in our league now & the fact he’s had a very successful recent loan there / knows the manager & players / fans like him etc etc.

Campo could be entertaining!!!!!

So many players are being made available this summer – read somewhere; not sure where, that something like 1000+ players will be out of contract / free agents; from the Prem down to Conference. These are obviously a real mix of older players, fringe 1st teams, youngsters, contract disputes et all. We will surely be able to glean from a number that large 6-8 really useful additions to our side; even with the much talked about reduced budget……surely??

Additionally when money is tight, and there are many players looking for clubs who have reduced budgets, the majority aren't in the position to demand high wages and many will accept the first acceptable contract offer that comes along to just guarantee that they have a job for the new season.

Supple is potentially a good keeper. The problem was that he came to us when our defence's confidence was at an alltime low.

For a young 'keeper I thought he was good. His distribution was excellent. I'd certainly take him next year.