Bury Lose Out in Semi's

Sorry mate - didnt see this thread because of your cryptic title! :wink:

Andy Bishop - truly awful. Hope we are never linked with him ever again... abysmal.

Ah well... looks highly likely niether Bury or Rochdale will get promoted. Shame <_<

Edited by BigfinLatic

Sorry mate - didnt see this thread because of your cryptic title! :wink:

Andy Bishop - truly awful. Hope we are never linked with him ever again... abysmal.

Ah well... looks highly likely niether Bury or Rochdale will get promoted. Shame <_<

I've been watching United, Bury and F1 so I didn't see it all - but they were all over them without ever looking too dangerous from what I saw. At that point, like you say, you look at what threat your forwards are offering?

I've been watching United, Bury and F1 so I didn't see it all - but they were all over them without ever looking too dangerous from what I saw. At that point, like you say, you look at what threat your forwards are offering?

Bury absolutely battered them and missed about 6 or 7 really good chances in the second half of extra time alone. Their keeper had a blinder. That game showed that there really is no justice in football. The better team lost out big style. And the 9th best team in the league are one game from promotion. Sheer lunacy.

Bury absolutely battered them and missed about 6 or 7 really good chances in the second half of extra time alone. Their keeper had a blinder. That game showed that there really is no justice in football. The better team lost out big style. And the 9th best team in the league are one game from promotion. Sheer lunacy.

Not quite - 7th! But your point is valid...

At the same time though... sod me, Bury have only themselves to blame - especially Mr Bishop... the ref also game them a free sending off to make it even easier, Shrews were coming right back at them until the sending off, which changed the course of extra time...

Ah well, never mind... Hopefully rochdale will show an equal amount of ineptitude later too... :)

Will repeat what I said on my facebook, I personally prefer the RL system for playoffs.

Yes there are more teams in it, 6 instead of 4, but all games are over 1 leg with home advantage being decided by final league position, and you certainly get more of a reward in my opinion for finishing higher.

I would say either this or a ladder based system, something along the lines of (home advantage decided by league position) 8th play 7th, winner play 6th, winner play 5th, winner play 4th, winner of that meets 3rd in the final.

Either way, I don't think the current system rewards 3rd place enough.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

If you give Darlington 10 back, and Rotherham 17 back then they are 9th. And Dale would have missed out too.

My Rotherham supporting mate would leave his wife alone on their current holiday to come and bum you in gratitude for spotting that.

If you give Darlington 10 back, and Rotherham 17 back then they are 9th. And Dale would have missed out too.

Of course, I had forgotten about Rotherham.

My Rotherham supporting mate would leave his wife alone on their current holiday to come and bum you in gratitude for spotting that.

Big deal. Any real fan would lube himself up out of gratitude....