Festivals 2009

Keeping this a subject as opposed to an ad is anyone having any festivals this year?

By the way I posted an advert on the Classified page but doesn't seem to get read as much as other sections - Does anbody have or know of a Leeds Ticket going, willing to pay over the odds and just want to get one in hand

Im going to Sonar (I go every year - my favourite), Summercase, Benicassim, also maybe Exit and Bestival and a few smaller ones inbetween.

Havent been to Glasto since 2003 after about 5 consecutive festivals there, really fancy it this year for some reason, but then its a bit much to fly back from Spain for it, not bothered for any other "big" Uk festivals, I tend to find they have lost all charm, the weather is crap, and the people/vibe are/is dull.

Im going to Sonar (I go every year - my favourite), Summercase, Benicassim, also maybe Exit and Bestival and a few smaller ones inbetween.

Havent been to Glasto since 2003 after about 5 consecutive festivals there, really fancy it this year for some reason, but then its a bit much to fly back from Spain for it, not bothered for any other "big" Uk festivals, I tend to find they have lost all charm, the weather is crap, and the people/vibe are/is dull.

Going Glasto for the first time this year...cant wait.

Going to Glasto for the fourth time and hoping for a year without flooding. Last year I went to Roskilde Festival in Denmark. Not cheap (especially at moment) but awesome festival. The Scandinavian ladies are a bit nice to. :wub:

I want to try a few of the smaller "boutique" festivals next year.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Stitch I have been all round the world to festivals and clubs e.t.c, and I assure you there is a reason I have gone to this every year since 2003!

It is like 4 festivals at once to be honest, the day, the night (nothing like it in the world), the massive number of spin off unofficial beach/warehouse/club parties, and the ANTI-SONAR - which is the travellers festival that goes on alongside and is very very scary.

Best thing about it is being able to go back to your nice apartment and live the barcelona lifestyle inbetween...

Stitch I have been all round the world to festivals and clubs e.t.c, and I assure you there is a reason I have gone to this every year since 2003!

It is like 4 festivals at once to be honest, the day, the night (nothing like it in the world), the massive number of spin off unofficial beach/warehouse/club parties, and the ANTI-SONAR - which is the travellers festival that goes on alongside and is very very scary.

Best thing about it is being able to go back to your nice apartment and live the barcelona lifestyle inbetween...

I was told about this a while ago by someone somewhere but I never looked it up. It sounds unbelievable - gutted that I'm going to Amsterdam on the 21st otherwise I'd be there. This could prove a blessing in disguise as the size and quality of the line up looks a little dangerous to me.....

As you say the potentialy comfortable side of it looks great - the very reason I haven't been to many festivals is my dislike of feeling like cattle!

This is an absolute shoe-in for next year.....if not somehow this year...... :pray:

Yeah, one of the main reasons why I love Primavera. Is Sonar held at the same festival site (Parc Del Forum near Diagonal Del Mar)? The other thing I love there is because it's a man-made festival site, they've taken music into account and it really carries when you're stood far back. Watching Dinosaur Jr waaaay back away from the stage last year was still explosively loud.

We've bagged a beautiful apartment just 2 minutes walk from the festival site. Proper penthouse with big balcony and funky furniture, realonably priced too.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Nah it's slightly different to the forum (there is usally some spin off party at the forum whilst sonar is on though, also a great location)

The night-time venue is the best place in the world for a dance night IMO www.sonar.es

Enjoy primavera, I wont get in until Sunday afternoon so will miss that festival :(

(Dj Yoda is a.....)

Edited by monkeykieran