Reading the Daily Telegraph yesterday there was an article in it about Mark Ward and his recent book. He mentions in it that while he was in Walton at Her Majesty's Pleasure a voice shouted to him and it turned out to be John Ryan. For those of you who are too young to remember him he was a very good left back who formed with Paul Atkinson probably the best left wing/fullback partnership seen at Boundary Park in many a year. Ended up signing for Newcastle.

Anybody know what/why John Ryan was in clink?

Reading the Daily Telegraph yesterday there was an article in it about Mark Ward and his recent book. He mentions in it that while he was in Walton at Her Majesty's Pleasure a voice shouted to him and it turned out to be John Ryan. For those of you who are too young to remember him he was a very good left back who formed with Paul Atkinson probably the best left wing/fullback partnership seen at Boundary Park in many a year. Ended up signing for Newcastle.

Anybody know what/why John Ryan was in clink?

Best left wing/full back seen at BP in many a year? Now there is a hostage to fortune, They were damned good of that there is no doubt altho' I wouldn't class Atkinson as a real winger and they were probably together in the team for less than a year before they both got sold. I think Barlow/Holden and Whittle/Groves might have outstripped them and, for one game, (against Hereford?) Jones/Taylor!!

And don't get me started on Joe McBride!

Edited by astottie