Transfer Merry Go round

Yard dogs who also had plenty of ability, i certainly hope Worthy is a similar player.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he is, he'll be an improvement on a limited, unimproving and ageing Mark Allott

I've not seen him play much but here are some Huddersfield fans comments on hearing of his

move;

"Worthy can't tackle, pass or head a ball.

God knows how he made it as a pro footballer!"

"worthy gone? Thank god!!!!.if town are serious about going up next season he had to go."

"Worthington was a liability with his tackling, has learnt nothing over the years and lives by kicking opponents"

"We used to have bets with each other on when Worthington would be booked. He never seemed to disappoint!"

"Defence splitting passes?

Getting into the opponents box?

Scoring?

Are you seriously suggesting that Worthington did any of these?"

"All the best Worthy. Never shirked a day's work in his life. Just a shame that he was clearly not good enough to step up to the next level which is where we are aiming to go."

Quotes taken from the BBC 606 Huddersfield Forum

Dont get me wrong I will be there come August giving EVERY player who wears the Latics shirt my full support and i will reserve my opinion of the player

till ive had a chance to see him playing myself...........but thats why i think we are taking a gamble.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could say the majority of those quotes about Mark Allott.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I've not seen him play much but here are some Huddersfield fans comments on hearing of his

move;

"Worthy can't tackle, pass or head a ball.

God knows how he made it as a pro footballer!"

"worthy gone? Thank god!!!!.if town are serious about going up next season he had to go."

"Worthington was a liability with his tackling, has learnt nothing over the years and lives by kicking opponents"

"We used to have bets with each other on when Worthington would be booked. He never seemed to disappoint!"

"Defence splitting passes?

Getting into the opponents box?

Scoring?

Are you seriously suggesting that Worthington did any of these?"

"All the best Worthy. Never shirked a day's work in his life. Just a shame that he was clearly not good enough to step up to the next level which is where we are aiming to go."

Quotes taken from the BBC 606 Huddersfield Forum

Dont get me wrong I will be there come August giving EVERY player who wears the Latics shirt my full support and i will reserve my opinion of the player

till ive had a chance to see him playing myself...........but thats why i think we are taking a gamble.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

were these comments made/posted AFTER he had left? cos sour grapes is springing to mind......

I assume those who are happy to see the back of Allot aren't in the school of

"A team full of grafters with two good strikers will get you out of this division"

?

Is that a direct quote from me stitch? :wink:

It's also known as the scunthorpe model, even Leicester and peterboro didn't steer far from it... And is exactly what you need to get out of this division..

Forget this worldbeating cm dream, worthy will do just fine. Anything is better than ratters and Casper anyway..

Edited by BigfinLatic

Is that a direct quote from me stitch? :wink:

It's also known as the scunthorpe model, even Leicester and peterboro didn't steer far from it... And is exactly what you need to get out of this division..

Forget this worldbeating cm dream, worthy will do just fine. Anything is better than ratters and Casper anyway..

Now you mention it, yes, I think it is. :lol:

I think you're right too, providing the strikers are good enough. Shame Hughesy was a beer swilling, fag smoking rascal....

For example I think Tranmere have got the worst deal, as IMO Allotts powers are on the wane. However, who is to say RM wont get the best out of him, get him fighting fit and playing the best football of his career? They certainly looked a hell of a lot fitter than our boys at BP this year.

just reading Dux about the reserves on the official:

"Meanwhile Duxbury has been putting the players through their paces this week as part of an expanded role on the fitness side of the coaching set-up. "Before the start of pre-season last year everyone took on a different area and mine was fitness," he explained. "I did bits in the afternoons with the lads later on in the year as well, like Reuben [Hazell] when he was suspended. "I enjoy the fitness side of the game; we're using a number of activities this year such as swimming and boxing, as well as work with and without the ball. "I enjoy the sessions and I think the lads do too, even though we're doing both mornings and afternoons!"

so back to the Harbin days of fitness levels maybe?