Tony Adams to Become New Celtic Manager

Just seen that Tony Adams has been saying he might become the new Celtic manager if Wim Jansen is appointed Technical Director.

:ranting: Shocking appointment if it does happen! Might as well hand the trophies over to Rangers now!

I was going to post this up as proof that I don’t mind giving a laugh to our cloven-hoofed friends who prefer the other lot. I fully expect Rio Ferdinand and a camera crew to jump out at Adams and let hilarity ensue, this is just too ridiculous for words!

Did make me laugh when SSN read out the statement from Wim Jansen saying he had no idea what TA was going on about :lol:

Indeed...

The Curious World Of Tony Adams

The big question in F365 Towers this morning is this; What the hell is going on inside Tony Adams's head?

You'll have no doubt read his claims yesterday that he was on the verge of becoming Celtic manager, because his good friend Wim Jansen had recommended him.

That was, how shall we put this nicely, revealed as a great big steaming pile of s**te this morning. By who? By Wim Jansen of course.

"I can honestly say I don't know anything about it," said Jansen.

"Sure, I worked with Tony in Holland when he was coaching there and I know him well. We have a good relationship. But it's a little while since we have been in contact with each other. And I have never suggested anything about Celtic."

Furthermore, The Daily Record reports this morning: 'Celtic have reacted with astonishment to claims by Tony Adams he'll become their new boss if former gaffer Wim Jansen is made technical director.

'Record Sport understands the Celtic hierarchy were gobsmacked yesterday to hear the former Portsmouth managerial flop talk up his chances of moving to Glasgow.

'There is no chance of the former Arsenal defender, 42, becoming Celtic boss and it is understood Jansen - who won the title in his one season with the club in 1997-98 - is not in the running to be Gordon Strachan's successor.'

So where the hell did he get it from? If his other statements made yesterday are anything to go by, there's every possibility that he simply made it up himself.

About the situation in the Arsenal boardroom, he said: "I don't know who it is, but I think there's someone on the board who's not pro-Arsene. I don't know who it is, but that's what I've heard."

That's cleared that up then.

It also seems as if his current role as a scout for Arsenal isn't going to end well. Obviously the role of a scout is to advise the manager about potential signings, so what has Arsene had to say about your words of wisdom in the past, Tony?

"Adebayor was playing for Monaco against Lille and he said what do you think of the left winger and I actually said no! And he bought him anyway! And Rosicky in Germany and he bought him anyway!"

We're worried. We really are.