Dale Stephens

Once he was some peoples answer to Sheridan's problems, now he seems a forgotten man. Will he figure next season? I thought he looked good the one time I saw him, which was only as a sub in either a Paint Pot or reserve fixture. I could see the comparisons in style to Gerrard - although mainly because he seemed to move like him! Anyway according the link (which admittedly gets his age wrong) we 'splashed out' on him so could he be like a new player?

29th September 2008

Well he can only be "one for the future" for so long.

No idea if he's any good or not.

Competitive reserve team football can only be a good thing for helping the squad players push the first team harder for their places.

I saw most of the friendlies and he started out very well, but he did look like he needed an extended run of games, whether that be in the first team or the reserves he needs games. His situation similar to Kieran Lee's we know there's a decent player there, but he has been hindered by a lack of opportunities due to a lack of match practice which can be attributed to a series of niggling injuries, and the ludicrous decision to scrap the reserve league. It's a big year for Dale, he came to us with 'potential' but only has a year left on his deal - let's see what he's got - same with Lee.

I saw most of the friendlies and he started out very well, but he did look like he needed an extended run of games, whether that be in the first team or the reserves he needs games. His situation similar to Kieran Lee's we know there's a decent player there, but he has been hindered by a lack of opportunities due to a lack of match practice which can be attributed to a series of niggling injuries, and the ludicrous decision to scrap the reserve league. It's a big year for Dale, he came to us with 'potential' but only has a year left on his deal - let's see what he's got - same with Lee.

If Lee gets the game time there is no doubt in my mind he will make it and more than likely become a massive player for us. If it was up to me i'd already be looking to extend his contract by another year for a bit of security on that one. Alot of people will say that's a bit hasty but I just think he has shown in the few chances he has had that he has something that very few players at this level do.

Edited by LeylandLatic

Lee and Stephens will both play a big part in next season.

Two very good midfielders IMO and maybe even better than last seasons midfield......ie maher,allot.

Did anyone no......David Eyers was the reason we signed Dale Stephens??

He told me Dale will be a massive player for Oldham...The lads got it all vision,legs,loves the game give him time and he will be a very good player.

Lee has a good background and needs a run of games!

Lee and Stephens will both play a big part in next season.

Two very good midfielders IMO and maybe even better than last seasons midfield......ie maher,allot.

Did anyone no......David Eyers was the reason we signed Dale Stephens??

He told me Dale will be a massive player for Oldham...The lads got it all vision,legs,loves the game give him time and he will be a very good player.

Lee has a good background and needs a run of games!

Lee and Stephens played CM against City in the reserves lancashire cup thingy, they played superbly and we ran out winners. They both were shafted by Shez, being payed a salary to train every day, then, when thrown in they wern't fit at all. Shame on whoever made the decision to have no reserve team.

Lee and Stephens played CM against City in the reserves lancashire cup thingy, they played superbly and we ran out winners. They both were shafted by Shez, being payed a salary to train every day, then, when thrown in they wern't fit at all. Shame on whoever made the decision to have no reserve team.

Nothing to do with having to pay bury when he makes appearances I'm sure!! <_<

Once he was some peoples answer to Sheridan's problems, now he seems a forgotten man. Will he figure next season? I thought he looked good the one time I saw him, which was only as a sub in either a Paint Pot or reserve fixture. I could see the comparisons in style to Gerrard - although mainly because he seemed to move like him! Anyway according the link (which admittedly gets his age wrong) we 'splashed out' on him so could he be like a new player?

29th September 2008

haha funny that i thought the same he moves shoots does everything like Gerrard

each time ive seen lee play ive seen something good in there...granted he didnt last a full 90 mins but who would when you aren't playing 90 minutes regularly? so hopefully a good preseason and a run of games will free the chains holding him back.

as for stephens,i've never seen him play but hoping he can fulfil his potential at BP

i hope that now we have a reserve team competing in a league, the overall fitness of our squad will drastically improve and that when (not if) injuries come about, our replacements are from within and click straight into place without causing unrest and disruption to the team

Edited by bensonio