oldham athletic supporters club of kazakhstan

Brilliant picture, even better to get it on the front of a local paper!

Strangely the title says "Today at 9 pm"

Kazakhstan was brilliant. The friendliest people you could wish to meet. It took us 45 minutes to walk half way round the ground before the match on Wednesday because everyone you passed wanted to shake your hand and have a photo taken with you.

All the credit in the world to Mark and Neil for taking the stuff out for the school visit and also to Alan for supplying it.

As fot "Today at 9pm"... it was Saturday's paper and the game kicked off at 9pm local time.

The caption under the photo in the paper was also brilliant. One of the Kazakhs translated it for us and apparently it was something along the lines of "Many of the England fans here in Almaty today support non-famous football teams like Oldham Athletic"

Perhaps we're a bit more famous now.

I was in a bar in Almaty last night talking to some lads who had set up the Kazakh Liverpool Supporters Club and they were asking us who we supported. One lad said Darlington and the response was "League 2, points deducted". I said Oldham and got the answer, "Ernie Cooksey, Cancer".

They know their stuff out there, but as with here, there's too many reds!

Kazakhstan was brilliant. The friendliest people you could wish to meet. It took us 45 minutes to walk half way round the ground before the match on Wednesday because everyone you passed wanted to shake your hand and have a photo taken with you.

All the credit in the world to Mark and Neil for taking the stuff out for the school visit and also to Alan for supplying it.

As fot "Today at 9pm"... it was Saturday's paper and the game kicked off at 9pm local time.

The caption under the photo in the paper was also brilliant. One of the Kazakhs translated it for us and apparently it was something along the lines of "Many of the England fans here in Almaty today support non-famous football teams like Oldham Athletic"

Perhaps we're a bit more famous now.

I was in a bar in Almaty last night talking to some lads who had set up the Kazakh Liverpool Supporters Club and they were asking us who we supported. One lad said Darlington and the response was "League 2, points deducted". I said Oldham and got the answer, "Ernie Cooksey, Cancer".

They know their stuff out there, but as with here, there's too many reds!

I see, still amazing stuff you guys have done out there, really is!

I used to do Russian and Macedonian so I know my lingo :lol:

Well now we are number 1 team in Kazakhstan!

:ranting: f**king hell even in Kazakhstan they look at us as a crap little team

:wink: