Latic Fans CHARITY

92 in Blue, A charity Drive

This event is almost organised now but we have one main item that needs to be confirmed.....

The MAIN charity that we will be raising money for.....

If anyone has any ideas of a local charity that they would like to nominate, please let me know.

I would like this to be a childrens charity but all ideas are welcome, but within reason please :wink:

I will close this thread Weds night around 6pm,

92 in Blue, A charity Drive

Why not sponsor some local kids teams by providing kits and stuff. This would make a tangible difference and promote the club.......as opposed to the money being swalled up by a charity giant trying cure major diseases whilst ignoring the fact that most of the worlds problems can be traced back to over-population.

If it is prefered to stay along the lines of typical charitable causes then local disabled sports clubs etc?

Thats the Idea Stitch, there are many charities than can be covered, but we would like to make a difference to a charity that we can buy sports equipment / Computers / Playground equip.

Its also got to have an appeal in the wider community, so a football team wouldnt appeal to people whose kids arent involved.

Whereas a charity where disabled children could benefit from sports equipment would make a massive difference to them, and people would be more inclined to help in that respect.

edit: idiot brain in gear!

Edited by Beardy

I have no idea of the local charity scene in Oldham, but my advice would be to look for ones that aren't largely dependant on Government funding, purely for the reason that for each pound you put in you might be taking a pound out. For example, buying computer equipment for a school is not up to much as councils tend to have big IT budgets that they blow in the last month or two of the financial year so they buy more than they need anyway. Also, it shouldn't create commitments that will be buggered if the same cause isn't funded again in the future. Other than that, good luck.

PS, have you tried the supermarkets for the petrol? Probably much more for Tesco Carlisle to gain from some positive photos than a Shell garage.

Factor 50? Sorry for my ignorance if this isnt the name. (Malignant Melanoma related charity which the Ernie funds are going to)

this would have my backing after having a close call with skin cancer

How about donating it to this VERY worthy cause.

The Samantha Jones Trust

It is a charity set up to help kids suffering from Leukaemia, it was set up by Latics very own steward Keith Jones who sadly lost his daughter to the illness back in 2002. Take a look at the site and have a good look.

Chaddy.

Thank You chaddy, I think we will be using this charity

You can donate here on the justgiving site, we now have a site

The event will raise money for a number of things related to Latics and its fans....

More details to follow

Please dontae what ever you can, even £1 will help towards the target but please tick the gift aid box when making a donation

The the group on Facebook