Dean Durman conditions.

Guest FyldeBlue

Guest FyldeBlue

I think you will find that the reason is nothing to do with his age or this stupid international transfer set up for players under a specific age, though Scotland is hardly what you would call International, it then comes down to borders as in the UK.

Dean Furman.

This player as I understand it was still under contract and had 2 years of a 3 year deal left, the compensation therefore is for releasing him from that contract and a contribution towards what Rangers have invested in his progress.

Like all of Mr Penney's signings you will find he has certain qualities, including class and ability on the ball, the Rangers and in fact most football fans in Scotland will tell you what this potential 'superstar' is really like, and to think someone suggested the other day that he would rather we had gone for Paul Murray !.....(He's even better than Paul ever was)

Don't ask me to explain the Chris Porter saga ! please. :huh:

Edited by FyldeBlue

I think you will find that the reason is nothing to do with his age or this stupid international transfer set up for players under a specific age, though Scotland is hardly what you would call International, it then comes down to borders as in the UK.

This player as I understand it was still under contract and had 2 years of a 3 year deal left, the compensation therefore is for releasing him from that contract and a contribution towards what Rangers have invested in his progress.

Like all of Mr Penney's signings you will find he has certain qualities, including class and ability on the ball, the Rangers and in fact most football fans in Scotland will tell you what this potential 'superstar' is really like, and to think someone suggested the other day that he would rather we had gone for Paul Murray !.....(He's even better than Paul ever was)

He was definitely out-of-contract and compensation is due on account of his age.

Guest FyldeBlue
He was definitely out-of-contract and compensation is due on account of his age.

I stand corrected Stevie J, it was meant to read he was coming to the end of a 3 year contract.....sorry to mislead. :disappointed:

Dean Furman.

He was under 23 year of age and so we have to pay Rangers a solidarity fee to pay his training costs as per fifa guidelines. However, his training costs would be based on our training costs rather than Rangers as he is going from a bigger club to a smaller club.

Chris Porter was 23 1/2 when he left us. In the UK a fee is required for players who are under 24 years of age. This does not apply across borders (only the under 23 rule applies) and so he was allowed to leave on a free.