help urgent

:ranting: stopped today by police for not having seatbelt on ( which i had on) near latics on a627 doing me for £60 quid for doing nowt wrong. him that spoke to me said a spotter saw me with no seatbelt on. the one that pulled me over could see i had one on any one know were i stand

:ranting: stopped today by police for not having seatbelt on ( which i had on) near latics on a627 doing me for £60 quid for doing nowt wrong. him that spoke to me said a spotter saw me with no seatbelt on. the one that pulled me over could see i had one on any one know were i stand

This must be similar to the issue of mobile phone use whilst driving, in that, if you deny any wrong doing, the onus should be on the police to prove that you were offending.

the onus should be on the police to prove that you were offending.

Yes, the hardship though is that it's for a criminal offence rather than a civil one such as traffic contraventions (which is what I know more about), where you are talking about offences which can only be proven by word of mouth, do they not tend to take the coppers' word?

Take a couple of days and do nowt silly, which a lot of people do - read the advice on your ticket, it will advise you of how to go if you want to challenge the charge. Not to worry you but what you don't want is to enter criminal proceedings not knowing how that will leave you standing if you lose, but as I say, use the time you have. The Citizens Advice Bureau or many online sites will give you a wealth of information to allow you to make a good choice about whether to contest it or not. If you do decide to challenge it I am happy to have a look at your submission and advise you as best as I can, the rules for getting off are fairly similar to them what I know about, so drop me a PM

Edited by leeslover