What about the Roughyeds?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not seen any mention of whether or not they are part of the new stadium plans? Anybody heard anything?

dont they have another shared ground that they could fall back on? my mate is a roughyed fan and he isnt worried but i think if we have a new stadium, we can start freshly and find other ways to get some money without messing up the pitch.

Let them share with oldham town. why do we have to support them.

last i heard,they were supposed to be having chadderton fc's ground on broadway,and doing it up to league standards..

wouldnt want them anywhere near a new pitch.messes it up and ultimatley leads to not being able to pass the ball around for bobbles.

last i heard,they were supposed to be having chadderton fc's ground on broadway,and doing it up to league standards..

wouldnt want them anywhere near a new pitch.messes it up and ultimatley leads to not being able to pass the ball around for bobbles.

poor excuse

Let them share with oldham town. why do we have to support them.

we dont have to support them, its a gesture for them representing the town, and most importantly a money making scheme by TTA (admittedly, not much)

I've wondered in the past why they can't develop Oldham RUFC to have a stand with a 1000 - 1500 seats or whatever for both codes. Have a Oldham Rugby Stadium where it doesn't matter about the quality of the playing surface so much.

if we had an ambitious council which wanted top quality rugby/football in the town then we would have a stadium in place already, like Wigan

but we have to settle for second best or nothing at all in this town

What i dont get is that once watersheddings closed and oldham bears basically went out of business we took roughyeds in as a favour. keep rugby in the town. we get so much grief of the supporters ohhh latics this latics that makes me wonder why we dont give them a tom tom and send them back to ashton gate.

poor excuse

maybe so but you cant dissprove the fact it cuts the pitch up,making it an un even surface.

were gonna have a new ground with a state of the art playing surface,which leans to proper passing football....do you really want that turned into a cabbage patch and keep playing hoofball to by pass it.

maybe so but you cant dissprove the fact it cuts the pitch up,making it an un even surface.

were gonna have a new ground with a state of the art playing surface,which leans to proper passing football....do you really want that turned into a cabbage patch and keep playing hoofball to by pass it.

i see your point but if its going yo be that state of the art then it should be able to hold rugby on it aswell - like Hull for instance

if we had an ambitious council which wanted top quality rugby/football in the town then we would have a stadium in place already, like Wigan

but we have to settle for second best or nothing at all in this town

I don't think it's a case of money really, Wigan's pitch was dreadful with that big streak of sand down it a while back.

Roughyeds fans will piss and moan anyway. So let them do it without ruining the pitch. Probably cost more to keep the pitch up to standard with rugby playing on it than the revenue it would create.

Roughyeds fans will piss and moan anyway. So let them do it without ruining the pitch. Probably cost more to keep the pitch up to standard with rugby playing on it than the revenue it would create.

Like us football fans dont piss and moan.

Cant say I like egg chasing but you cant expect the council help us develop a stadium and tell the rugby to f**k off. I dont expect them to get the same as Latics but the council should be trying to help both out.

Don't call me a clown, you don't know me and you certainly are unaware what type of Latics fan I am.

You have been spreading your pessimistic view for 30 pages on another thread.

Just what is your problem?

Latics are once again trying to provide a better matchday experience for their supporters and still you are not happy.

Latics are once again trying to provide a better matchday experience for their supporters after failing three times and still you are not happy.

Fixed for you :)

Its not surprising he is some what negative really..

Edited by oafc0000