A little help/advice please?

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post htis but....

Its my Dad's 50th birthday in a few weeks and I am trying to get hold of the programme for the first ever latics match he took me to.

Its the Latics v Ipswich game, 4th April 1988.

Can anyone give me some advice on where I amy be able to get my hands on one?

Thanks in advance

Craig

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post htis but....

Its my Dad's 50th birthday in a few weeks and I am trying to get hold of the programme for the first ever latics match he took me to.

Its the Latics v Ipswich game, 4th April 1988.

Can anyone give me some advice on where I amy be able to get my hands on one?

Thanks in advance

Craig

Ebay would be your best bet mate, unless someone on here has a copy they'd be willing to part with. It is quite a significant programme that one though as it is the game Roger Palmer broke Eric Gemell's scoring record.

I honestly didnt realise the significane of the match. I was only 6 and all I can remember is (god I hope this is the right game now) Paul Warhurst being taken to hospital. It was the most exciting night of my life and IIRC we won 4-0. A lot of beer has been cosumed since then and the old grey matter isnt what it used to be! :blush:

I honestly didnt realise the significane of the match. I was only 6 and all I can remember is (god I hope this is the right game now) Paul Warhurst being taken to hospital. It was the most exciting night of my life and IIRC we won 4-0. A lot of beer has been cosumed since then and the old grey matter isnt what it used to be! :blush:

Yeah we won 4-0, gimme a few minutes and i'll stick some scans up.

Edited by oafcprozac

Yep eBay defo your best bet. I got one off there from the day after I was born. Don't make your search too specific though, just try typing 'Oldham Ipswich', as people spell programme differently, Put Jan not January etc.

Save a search for that, and get put an email reminder on it. This way, whenever one goes on eBay, you'll know :idea:

Made a bity of a balls of loading the scans but i'vbe emailed admin to see what they can do!

Latics v Ipswich 4/4/89

Hope this brings back a few memories, front and back covers of the Ipswich Programme 4/4/89 and the action shots from the game printed in the Sunderland Programme 15/4/89/ Any way the mods could embed the pics on here without the link?

Thanks all for your help. I have managed to find one on the interweb for £2.60!!

I have also managed to get a copy of the match report from the Chron!

Cheers again

Craig

IIRC you can get the whoel papaer for that day (well I gues the monday) from the Chron too.

One present I got was a match report page from the Chron, where they superimpose a picture, in my case with me and my new born son superimposed for the day he as born

You could get a picture of you and your Dad.

I think mine is An Arsenal match, not sure if you can change that, but good if you could I could find out more if you like.

I don't think the whole paper is the chron ,but it looks like it.

Ebay would be your best bet mate, unless someone on here has a copy they'd be willing to part with. It is quite a significant programme that one though as it is the game Roger Palmer broke Eric Gemell's scoring record.

Your Latics knowledge never ceases to amaze me Prozac! :wink: