Laptop to HD TV

lazyboy1

I ve been trying to get my sony vaio laptop connect to my toshiba 1080phd tv for a while now and I just cant do it!

If anyone knows how and wants to earn some cash doing this for me please let me know,

I just want to be able to watch movies on skyplayer on my tv.

Thanks in advance.

I ve been trying to get my sony vaio laptop connect to my toshiba 1080phd tv for a while now and I just cant do it!

If anyone knows how and wants to earn some cash doing this for me please let me know,

Thanks in advance.

What connection are you using ?

There is a button on your laptop which should be marked "CRT/LCD". Trying hitting that. You might have to push a function button as well.

Edited by oafc0000

Thanks in advance.

how much we talking?... :grin:

There is a button on your laptop which should be marked "CRT/LCD". Trying hitting that. You might have to push a function button as well.

Ive been using a 15 pin connect at the side of the laptop, One connector with hdmi on other end and one with 3 plugs on it which had an affect on the tv but made it go funny without showing the picture

Ive been using a 15 pin connect at the side of the laptop, One connector with hdmi on other end and one with 3 plugs on it which had an affect on the tv but made it go funny without showing the picture

Use the HDMI. On the remote you should be able to choose the source. Choose HDMI. If that dosent work I would think I was using a faulty cable to be honest. HDMI is pretty much plug and play.

Have you tried a different lead ?

Do you have a PC 15 pin input on the TV ? you could try a monitor cable to hook the two up... but you will need one with two male ends.

Edited by oafc0000

Use the HDMI. On the remote you should be able to choose the source. Choose HDMI. If that dosent work I would think I was using a faulty cable to be honest. HDMI is pretty much plug and play.

Have you tried a different lead ?

Do you have a PC 15 pin input on the TV ? you could try a monitor cable to hook the two up... but you will need one with two male ends.

MMM Thanks, Im trying again with HDMI cable but it aint doing much!

MMM Thanks, Im trying again with HDMI cable but it aint doing much!

There is a 15 pin connector mark pc at the back of the tv actually, so if i get a 15pin on each end it may work however some told me i would need a converter is this right? ta

I think your answer is here. I have a similar laptop and used a s-video cable (oldschool - I know) to watch Latics v. Leeds over (cough) the web and wanted to connect it to my telly last season. I tried everything and then realised that you have to change the output source to laptop+projector or something like that. On my laptop it is definitely a function key plus a button. I'm at work at the moment so I can't tell you which button it is.

Good luck.