Laptop Won't Charge

Macca

I'm having problems charging up my laptop. Started going funny yesterday. connection seems loose and now it doesn't register that I've plugged it in. Could it be a problem with the power pack or the connection in the laptop?

It's the most common fault you get with laptops.

What's happened is someone has probably caught the power cable and it's broke the AC adaptor connection on the laptops motherboard.

It's a nightmare to repair and we have to send them off to a company based down south.

The repalcement part only costs £12.00 but it's 2x hours of labour to strip the motherboard out of the laptop and then another 2x hours to rebuild it.

We get charged £150.00 incl. VAT for the repair and parts (that's the cheapest we've come across in the UK), PC World charge £250.00 and send it to the same company.

If you decide you want it repaired drop it into the shop and we'll send it off for your and not add anything on.

Sorry it's not good news.

Regards

Ian Gardner

PC Assist

Edited by pcassist

It's the most common fault you get with laptops.

What's happened is someone has probably caught the power cable and it's broke the AC adaptor connection on the laptops motherboard.

It's a nightmare to repair and we have to send them off to a company based down south.

The repalcement part only costs £12.00 but it's 2x hours of labour to strip the motherboard out of the laptop and then another 2x hours to rebuild it.

We get charged £150.00 incl. VAT for the repair and parts (that's the cheapest we've come across in the UK), PC World charge £250.00 and send it to the same company.

If you decide you want it repaired drop it into the shop and we'll send it off for your and not add anything on.

Sorry it's not good news.

Regards

Ian Gardner

PC Assist

You labour costs is at £34 a hour thats a total rip off. How do you know it will takes 2 hours to strip the motherboard out, most new laptops have sections which you can unscrew and have them out in no time. Tbh you cant give a price out over the internet to you have seen it.

Macca if go the PC shop on Market street in Shaw, take the laptop with you they will do a free accesment and give you a quote

Macca. www.ebuyer.com

You labour costs is at £34 a hour thats a total rip off. How do you know it will takes 2 hours to strip the motherboard out, most new laptops have sections which you can unscrew and have them out in no time. Tbh you cant give a price out over the internet to you have seen it.

Macca if go the PC shop on Market street in Shaw, take the laptop with you they will do a free accesment and give you a quote

Macca. www.ebuyer.com

We don't charge this figure a third party company does, who we send it too.

Also have you ever stripped a laptop down I presume not.

This is the last time I'm going to offer any help to anybody on this board.

NOTE: I offered to send it off and have it repaired without adding anything to the bill.

Finally for your information, when you are trying to run a business £34.00 per hour labour cost is very, very low.

Rant over with.

Ian G.

I'm having problems charging up my laptop. Started going funny yesterday. connection seems loose and now it doesn't register that I've plugged it in. Could it be a problem with the power pack or the connection in the laptop?

Amazingly, I have just had exactly the same problem. Mine's been a bit dodgy recently and then went kaput an hour ago. After a mini temper-tantrum I decided to fix it and discovered that 2 of the connection pins between the battery and the computer were bent - I can remember taking the battery out a couple of weeks ago. Anyway they were awkward to straighten out but I managed it and now it's perfect....

Amazingly, I have just had exactly the same problem. Mine's been a bit dodgy recently and then went kaput an hour ago. After a mini temper-tantrum I decided to fix it and discovered that 2 of the connection pins between the battery and the computer were bent - I can remember taking the battery out a couple of weeks ago. Anyway they were awkward to straighten out but I managed it and now it's perfect....

I might give it a try, not knowing much about computers it can only go well...

We don't charge this figure a third party company does, who we send it too.

Also have you ever stripped a laptop down I presume not.

This is the last time I'm going to offer any help to anybody on this board.

NOTE: I offered to send it off and have it repaired without adding anything to the bill.

Finally for your information, when you are trying to run a business £34.00 per hour labour cost is very, very low.

Rant over with.

Ian G.

that is pretty cheap,

but before hand are you sure its the connector on your laptop or could it be the AC adapter?

if its the adapter you may be able to buy a replacement one from the company who built your laptop, i got one from dell a while back for my girlfriends laptop