Goalkeepers & Centre Backs For Free

It's pretty obvious from various threads that the general consensus of opinion is that we need another keeper and at least one more CB. Not having seen any pre-season, I'll go with the majority and take it as read.

According to the PFA website, these are available. So, provided we could afford the wages and they were willing to come to BP, who would you have? These are my opinions, for what they're worth.

Dorus De Vries (Swansea) - One of the best when in L1 imo

Nicky Weaver (Charlton) - may just fancy a return to the North West

Andy Marshall (Coventry) - Lots of experience. May be on trial at QPR, but not sure.

Sol Campbell (Portsmouth) :shock: A bit old, but would do a job in L1

Jonathan Fortune (Charlton) - Good enough for Championship imo. Released because of relegation?

Danny Mills (Citeh) - mainly a RB, but is capable of playing at CB

Sam Sodje (Reading) - Good L1 player

Noe Paramot (No club) - has played a fait few games at CB

Ivan Campo (No club) - started out as a CB and converted to CM

Gets ready to dodge the :rifle::peepwall:

Edited by Bristolatic

It's pretty obvious from various threads that the general consensus of opinion is that we need another keeper and at least one more CB. Not having seen any pre-season, I'll go with the majority and take it as read.

According to the PFA website, these are available. So, provided we could afford the wages and they were willing to come to BP, who would you have? These are my opinions, for what they're worth.

Dorus De Vries (Swansea) - One of the best when in L1 imo

Nicky Weaver (Charlton) - may just fancy a return to the North West

Andy Marshall (Coventry) - Lots of experience. May be on trial at QPR, but not sure.

Sol Campbell (Portsmouth) :shock: A bit old, but would do a job in L1

Jonathan Fortune (Charlton) - Good enough for Championship imo. Released because of relegation?

Danny Mills (Citeh) - mainly a RB, but is capable of playing at CB

Sam Sodje (Reading) - Good L1 player

Noe Paramot (No club) - has played a fait few games at CB

Ivan Campo (No club) - started out as a CB and converted to CM

Gets ready to dodge the :peepwall::rifle:

Nice idea but I reckon most out of our reach

Nice idea but I reckon most out of our reach

maybe now - but wait until the season starts and these players are unattached. Possibly that's the way DP is approcahing the CB/GK situations - but like in resigning Hughes there comes a point when you question the motivation of someone playing for half their wages.

Dorus De Vries (Swansea) - One of the best when in L1 imo.."n May 11, 2007, he palmed a tame free kick into his own net against Inverness Caledonian Thistle =. " just what we need. All keepers drop a bollock, but he was pretty steady in their promo season, I recall.

Nicky Weaver (Charlton) - PRESTON I hadn't spotted that

Andy Marshall (Coventry) - QPR I did wonder

Sol Campbell (Portsmouth) words fail me. Did you spot the :shock: I put in?

Danny Mills (Citeh) - visions of greatness beyond our Seans imagination. Point taken

Sam Sodje (Reading) - I'm a free agent and I'm in a very good position. Will I go back there? I don't know. They are a massive club (Leeds) (Bristol City) but I've got a lot of options." I'll take that as a "Thanks, but no thanks" then.

Like your positivity....

I simply picked out a handful of better known names. Stranger things have happened - it was something of a coup when we signed Stitch, Bobby Johnstone, Albert Quixall, Graeme Sharp etc. There's hundreds of others available, the likes of Chris Howarth, David Knight, Marlon Broomes, Miquel Roque.

Good debate though, HB