open forum - Monday

the amount of bollocks that is likely to be asked/spoken is beyond any mere mortals imagination and for that reason - i'm out. :lol:

maybe someone some write a good list of questions down and someone off the board that will be going can ask them and do a report

Hopefully some seriously difficult and searching questions will be asked as well though... :)

I cant go due to work. :(

Not referring to you oafc0000, but there seems to be an undercurrent of mis-trust, which leads me to believe that some people don't want to give advance notice of questions. I can't see the problem with that as long as it enables us to be given full answers.

On that basis I would suggest that anyone who can't attend email their questions to alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk with a copy posted on here. If they don't get asked then one of us could ask them.

"When will it be finished?"

that's about all I want to know.

That's one of the questions which can't be answered at this stage. Another is how long is a piece of string...........

unless it's measuring the distance from the proposed site to the Manchester boundary.

horrible wasn't it. :huh:

At the time I was in favour of these kind of things-involving the fans and all that. Now I've realised it's typical 21st century smoke and mirrors cobblers.

As a fan, I don't care if I'm 'involved' (as if this is really possible and as if 'involvement can't be withdrawn at the least whim of those really in charge) as long as my club is run-at all levels-by those capable of taking the bull by the horns.

Not referring to you oafc0000, but there seems to be an undercurrent of mis-trust, which leads me to believe that some people don't want to give advance notice of questions. I can't see the problem with that as long as it enables us to be given full answers.

On that basis I would suggest that anyone who can't attend email their questions to alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk with a copy posted on here. If they don't get asked then one of us could ask them.

I have no problem with a questions being put on here or sent to the club. I think it would be a good way to start the forum off. I would imagine that there are 5 or 6 worries which we all share.

• What facilities will be built to bring in extra revenue into the club
  • is this extra income expected to be enough to see the club become self safficent
  • If not what sort of monthly ? Yearly ? short fall are we looking at
  • How much of the profits (from the external facilities) will go to the Council / TTA and not direct into the clubs accounts.
  • What is rational from reducing the capacity down to 12,000 from the original 16,000 proposed for the Oldham Arena
  • Will the new stadium be easily / cheaply extendable ?
  • What sort of cost would an extension of 4,000 seats cost compared to just building them outright
  • Will all money generated from the sale of BP go towards to rebuilding of the new stadium or is some of it destined to repay "loans" / "contribution" provided by TTA / Banks
Edited by oafc0000

I was hoping characters such as yourself would go, and be quite vocal whilst there.

You hope in vain then.

I've no issue about the proposed new stadium, although I do have some misgivings about moving to a largely Latics-hostile area. I'd have preferred BP to be redeveloped, but I do understand the reasons for abandoning it. In fact, I was possibly the first on here to openly predict that the economic crisis would put an end to the plan.

All that really concerns me is the downscaling of the capacity to that of a permanently lower division club. And the recurring comparison of us with Colchester and Shrewsbury.